cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate contact number issue and solution when create new account and transfer number

daviding
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This issue only for new account, looks like it is a bug.

When we create new account, and select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider", fill in "Alternate contact number in case the transfer has problems (10-digits, no spaces, no dashes):" but it always show fill issue with red color even you follow the rule. You cannot continue to next step.

The solution, back to first page, and go next select "Select a new phone number", create a new phone number finish your registry. And then login with new account, select "Plan and Add-ons", select "Change Phone Number", select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider", the "Alternate contact number in case the transfer has problems (10-digits, no spaces, no dashes):" will be worked. Start transfer your old phone number to Public Mobile.

6 REPLIES 6

daviding

@ShawnC13 You are right.

@daviding, sorry that didn't work for you @geologyking has found that IE does.  A number change whether it is a new number or porting a number can only be done once every 30 days.  Now your intial setup  New number/ported number does not count as a number change so you can still change within your first 30 days.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@geologyking, great to know IE works as well.  I wonder if Edge will work?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

daviding

@ShawnC13 I try it in Safari and Chrome, iphone, Mac and Windows. They have same issue. Looks like transfer a number has not 30 days limit but new when change number.

geologyking
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ran into the same problem with Firefox and Chrome, but IE worked.  Set up a second account later and used IE again without issue.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@daviding, I have also heard activating on an iPad or using the Safari browser has worked.  The downfalls of what you have done: 1) is that if people are coming in from Freedom for the Promo they are required to port their number at activation. 2) if people require to change their number again ( I know a big if) they have to wait at least 30 days to do it.  I am glad it worked for you but want people to see how it could affect them as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.