cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All (local) calls and texts won't go through -- "You don't have an active long-distance add-on"

mpen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been using Public Mobile for months already. Everything was fine until recently, when my auto-renew failed, and then Public Mobile subsequently disconnected my service. I've just made a payment and reactivated my account, but now all calls are saying "Sorry, you don't have an active long-distance add-on". I've tried several different local numbers (which I've called plenty of times in the past) and they all give this message. Text messages won't go through either.

How can I fix this ASAP? I haven't had service for days due to this disruption.

13 REPLIES 13

@Iqbal, you should start a new thread as this one is several months old. You'll have more responses if you start new. Go to Community page and scroll down past Knowledge Base.

Look for a topic heading that applies to your concern and start a new thread. Maybe Phones and Hardware, then post your question in a new thread.

Good luck.

Iqbal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue. I did everything that was said here but still the same. Moderator team, please help.

Priscillax

I have been trying to contact a moderated since Tuesday September 4 2018 only one response and since then nothing what is going on

Priscillax

Thanks for trying to help, I tried that 4 times, and yesterday it was suggested to that I take the actual SIM card out, after turning the phone off,  and I tried that as well on both phones, however the issue still remains. 

KBailey78

Just restart your device. It should fix the problem. 

Priscillax

Hello I’m having this same problem my account is active and for the past 3 days it keeps saying I don’t have an active long distance add on I have 2 phone lines my daughters use for school what is happening I reached out to  someone days ago they responded more than 24 hours ago asking for my name and personal information and till now no response I sent the information. What is happening with this service this is strange 

TalenThrasher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The link doesn't work and the same thing is happening to my son's phone.  Your customer service is majorly lame.

KBailey78

I've also had this problem in the past. Just did a restart on my phone and was working again. 

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Thanks for the update

mpen

Sorry, forgot to reply. The mods did indeed help. Can make calls again. Still having a different issue, but that's another story.

mpen

I will try contacting them. Thanks.

Raven_Jet
Let us know how it goes! It should be no problem.

collin1215

If you haven't already, please send a private message to a moderator. Here's all the information on how to do it. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Need Help? Let's chat.