cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on switch to new promo

bd23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I currently just took advantage of the new promo sale but I bought my long distance add on with the current plan I have now. When my 90 days is up and I get switched to the new promo plan, will my add on come with me? And also, I have to travel to work in a different province every month, does the province wide calling mean whatever current province you are in is free calling in that province, or is it for example an ontario number calling an ontario number?

Also, I've read threads about autopay not working right away when switching to a new promo plan from an old one, does anyone know if this bug got fixed yet or will my account potentially get suspended?

Finally, I read a little bit about it but just want to make sure, my new promo plan I chose will now be my base plan aka grandfathered from now on until I switch to another promo and then that one will be my new base and be grandfathered and so on-is that correct?

Forgive me for all the questions in one post, I appreciate it.

Ben

2 REPLIES 2

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^ +1

Make sure you keep an eye on your LD Add On, and re-up if you need to. 

You could also change to Canada Wide Calling if you do alot of calling - although alot of PM users use Fongo or Hangouts Dialer with no problems. 

Your Data and Texting are obviously nationwide. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bd23 wrote:

Hi

I currently just took advantage of the new promo sale but I bought my long distance add on with the current plan I have now. When my 90 days is up and I get switched to the new promo plan, will my add on come with me? And also, I have to travel to work in a different province every month, does the province wide calling mean whatever current province you are in is free calling in that province, or is it for example an ontario number calling an ontario number?

Your addon will stay with you until you use it all up.  It is associated with your account and not the plan you are on.  Yes while in another province you can call within that Province for free.  People calling you from a landline will have to call long distance to contact you within that Province though.  Calling to your home Province will then require a long distance addon

Also, I've read threads about autopay not working right away when switching to a new promo plan from an old one, does anyone know if this bug got fixed yet or will my account potentially get suspended?

Not sure as i have no experience with this as my autopay has always worked.  I know not to mess with it and let it do its own thing and everything has worked out

Finally, I read a little bit about it but just want to make sure, my new promo plan I chose will now be my base plan aka grandfathered from now on until I switch to another promo and then that one will be my new base and be grandfathered and so on-is that correct?

Yes this plan you switch to will become the "standard" plan for your account and you will have it as long as you keep paying or another plan that suits you better comes up and you switch to it.

Forgive me for all the questions in one post, I appreciate it.

Not a problem at all I hope you are enjoying Public mobile

Ben

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.