cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failure- Oops something went wrong

amit_84_veer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I tried activating my sim card but after submitting the form I got error message stating "Oops something went wrong" I tried reactivating with same procedure but now sim card number shows invalid. How do I activate the sim now? I waited for few hours to try again but it is not working.

9 REPLIES 9

Best to start your own thread, than to add it to an old one. Ask your own question, but I think you're eventually going to get here.

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment box in the bottom right.
simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:Simon2.png

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

rslane519

When I activated my new sim card, I had a text from PM advising that they were experiencing difficulties processing my request to move to PM, I was to go through the activation process again, but I keep getting an 'invalid SIM' error at the first page of the activation portal.  How do I fix this?

My calls are now directed to my land line?? (not my cell phone) with the old provider's voice mail which I am unable to access.  How do I fix this?

GR
Mayor / Maire

If you're doing it at home you might have to wait till later tonight if the system is busy.  Before you do it again check your credit card to make sure it wasn't charged but if it was put the new Sim in your phone to see if the activation went through 

dianet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

having  the same problem twice.

@amit_84_veer wrote:

I tried that but no luck

@amit_84_veer  If it's not activated you need to wait for at least an hour for the system activation lock for that session to clear. Best to use a computer browser instead of a phone and for best results running the browser in privacy or incognito mode is preferred.

If by the end of the day you cannot get it activated then best to ask PM to do it for your. Include your sim number for faster service. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

amit_84_veer

I tried that but no luck

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@amit_84_veer wrote:

Hi

I tried activating my sim card but after submitting the form I got error message stating "Oops something went wrong" I tried reactivating with same procedure but now sim card number shows invalid. How do I activate the sim now? I waited for few hours to try again but it is not working.

@amit_84_veer  Check the sim in your phone it might have activated even though the error was displayed.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I've seen a few indications now that the server may be slow, and there is a new post that the system is down... which may or may not be true.

Suffice to say, that you might consider holding off until this clears up.

@amit_84_veer wrote:

Hi

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your credit card to see if there is a charge.  If you still have problems then contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.