cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed

phalko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received my public mobile SIM card today. Went to go activate it, entered in all my details, etc, but it failed on the final page with an obscure error. Now I can neither log into self serve (although I did get an email saying my account was created), nor can I try activating again (Invalid SIM).  I setup 90-day auto-pay, yet the email says my next autopay date is Nov 1. Can someone take a look?

95 REPLIES 95

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Mcat

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to hear about the activation issue, 

Saray is not in today, can you send me a private message with your email address and SIM card #? I will help you out 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Mcat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Saray_O

I'm having the same issue just now. I got the 404 error after I clicked Activate My Phone at the last step of activation. I entered all information, including my payment information. Can you please help me with the activation? Thanks!

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi there @phalko

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Your account was not properly activated. I have activated it for you with the $120 promo plan! Your next plan renewal will be on January 23. Could you reboot your phone so it recognizes the change?

Could you also try creating your Self Serve account now?

Let me know how that goes 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@deltatux FYI a new procedure has been introduced to tag or private message moderators: tag or message just one (Shazia, Saray, or Mary). Someone is managing distribution to whichever moderator is available. Coverage is currently: 

Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@phalko wrote:

Received my public mobile SIM card today. Went to go activate it, entered in all my details, etc, but it failed on the final page with an obscure error. Now I can neither log into self serve (although I did get an email saying my account was created), nor can I try activating again (Invalid SIM).  I setup 90-day auto-pay, yet the email says my next autopay date is Nov 1. Can someone take a look?

@phalko, sorry to see that you're having trouble. Let me see if I can direct some Public Mobile admins to help you here.

@Shazia_K@Brooke_C@Saray_O, & @Jeremy_M, may you please assist?

Hope this gets resolved soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.