cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed

phalko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received my public mobile SIM card today. Went to go activate it, entered in all my details, etc, but it failed on the final page with an obscure error. Now I can neither log into self serve (although I did get an email saying my account was created), nor can I try activating again (Invalid SIM).  I setup 90-day auto-pay, yet the email says my next autopay date is Nov 1. Can someone take a look?

95 REPLIES 95

GS911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@George2 yeah I unlocked the phone and I am getting reception, however it's saying I don't have any voice plans activated. I can't login to self serve and it won't let me sign up for an account. I sent an email on Friday after the port over failed on Thursday . Still no response. Don't wanna be a pest, but I'm getting frustrated with the lack of response. 😞

George2
@GS911, @zhubao, @Ullah, make sure to send them an email through the get help link on the publicmobile website!
While you wait, make sure you unlocked your phone, once you do that, put in the public mobile simcard in (since you activated it already) then you should be able to get reception data and youll be able to make calls. The issue of the error after clicking "activate my phone" seemed to have resolved it self once my payment was received from the bank. (Once you can see it in your transactions if you use online banking)

For me i had an issue at this point as i wasnt able to receive any calls, so they got back to me, and that issue was resolved within 24 hours even though they said it would take 24-72 hours to resend porting request for the phone number. Now everything works great. Hope they can get to you soon. I had no luck with tagging a mod. May be they get tagged too much, send an email through the link. I was only stuck with half service so to speak for about 20 hours, i hope youll have your issues resolved soon!

Ullah
Hi,
My problem is still going on I believe you have to wait, make sure send them an email and also send them a private detail message to one of mediator @Brooke_C @Mary_M

zhubao

hi there,

i have the same problem. it said the activation failed on the last page even though i received an email saying my plan is activated with 90 days/120$ yesterday. what should I do now? Thanks,

GS911
Ok. Can someone help please. I am losing business calls. The bell sim card stopped working, and the PM card does not have anything setup. Currently have no working number. Stuck since last Thursday. @Brooke_C @Mary_M @Val_T @Shazia_K

George2
@GS911 it took them about 9 days to finally get back to my email (this was yesterday) however had a very quick conversation over the email and they were very helpful. Everything is as is now! Hope this helps

GS911
Any idea what the response time is? My account has been stuck since last Thursday when I got an error message on the final page of singing up for $40 plan. Got the email confirming my plan, and a txt msg saying I have a credit (once I put in the PM sim card). However my Bell sim card is still active, and PM card says I don't have any voice plan activated. Also, self serve login was not created. @Saray_O please help.

I sent a private msg, but hasn't been read yet.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I don't think you'll have to change anything

George2

Thanks for the help! 

So i have to 

Step1: get my phone unlocked

Step2: put in the publicmobile sim? Or create my public mobile account? (please keep in mind i have already paid my first 120 after "activating my phone"

Step 3: create public mobile account? Not sure why i cant log in it already after going through the setting up the sim process. 

Also, is anyone aware if ill have to change settings on my phone under the connection to data server or something? I remember when i got my unlocked nexus about 10 years ago and wanted to use it with fido i had to type in some rogers link for the data to start working in some obscure setting under the networks tab..would be great to kno lw what id have to do before i end up with no internet on my phone lol

@George2 wrote:
After using the imei number check it says i could use this phone with public mobile, but i need to make sure i wont bave2 any downtime on my phone. (fido said once i port my number and put the new sim in theyll notice the cancellation and cancel my service with them). And im not sure if i have to go and get my phone unlocked first..please help 😞 thanks

If your phone was sold by Fido, you will need to get it unlocked.  There are very few exceptions to that (ex. Nexus phones). 

As for downtown, there is never a gurantee that there won't be any.  Porting really should be attempted at a time that you are least busy and less likely to be receiving imporant calls because while the porting process lays out a procedure to follow to ensure seamless transition, it doesn't always happen like that.  Most times, things go without a hitch, but sometimes, porting customers experience minor huccups. Usually, it's just strange stuff such as "not in service messages" or busy signals for an hour or 2 after the port supposedly has been completed but that actually get fixed without any intervention.  But sometimes, there are more serious issues such as the phone number stops working for days at a time while waiting for Public statff to correct a bad port.

George2
Hi there to anyone helping us noobs out! I just got my simcard last thursday i think, and the same evening i went online to activate it and etc. Go through everything step by step and after i clicked "activate my phone" an error saying: "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help."i sent an email the same night as the suggestion after the error was to try again with another payment method or contact public mobile, but i needed to use that particular credit card (with more than enough funds available). So 3 days later, my visa got charged, but i didnt get a reply on the issue. Cant create an account as it says my email that i used to register isnt on file or something. (i made sure i used the same email). If it helps, i didnt put the simcard in my phone yet, as i have enother question: im porting my number from fido using their lg g3. After using the imei number check it says i could use this phone with public mobile, but i need to make sure i wont bave2 any downtime on my phone. (fido said once i port my number and put the new sim in theyll notice the cancellation and cancel my service with them). And im not sure if i have to go and get my phone unlocked first..please help 😞 thanks

GS911
I have the exact same issue.

nilounikou99

Hi

I am having the same issue in that I went through the registration process and at the last page I had an error. I also got an email that congratulated me for being activated with details including next payment.

I put in the sim and got a text about rewards. When I call someone, it says talk is not part of my plan. But that is not true since I got the promo. Can you help me?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Try putting the sim in your phone

Ullah

Received my public mobile SIM card today. Went to go activate it, entered in all my details, etc, but it failed on the final page with an obscure error. Now I can neither log into self serve (although I did get an email saying my account was created), nor can I try activating again (Invalid SIM).  I setup 90-day auto-pay, yet the email says my next autopay date

shoaibahmed

there are 2 part of registration.

1- you can register your self with community anytime,

2- register to publicmobile site, you have to have PM activated or ported the number and than you can access your account.

hope this would help.

thanks

golion9522

Oh nevermind; didn't realize I had to register the account to log-i haha 🙂

golion9522

Thank you Saray, 

I am trying to log in to my account with the information I had typed in when I was activating, but it doest not seem to be working.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi there @golion9522

I'm sorry about this Robot Frustrated 

I see that your account got stuck in the "draft" phase, but I have activated it with the $120 promo plan. However, your port had to be submitted again because it did not go through. It should complete within the next 2.5 hours. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

golion9522

Hi, I tried to activate my SIM card and everything went well until the final page where I got an error. I signed up for autopay with date valued 12/01. I got an email saying it will be charged to my credit card. I cant log-in to self serve but I got an email saying I created an account. Can someone take a look? 

70challenger
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same problem as others, signed up , got the email but activation failed. Please fix, I have two more to add and would like it to go smoothly. Thanks

chrismclachlin

(moved to new message and deleted)

mafaldaboy
Hi, I have experienced the same issue; after porting my number I received an email confirming that the payment went through for the $120/90 days promo plan, and that my self serve account was created. However the screen says my activation failed and when I try to log into self serve, it says my login attempt failed. Thanks in advance!

shoaibahmed

what you should do it only fill necessary Information (*) when you are activiting the SIM, it should be good to go.

let me know

mackens

Hello

I also had a failed activation at last screen, today.  Put in all my info and then it didn't work.

Can someone help?

thanks

shoaibahmed

thanks Saray, it worked yesterday but i am having issue with TEXT messge, i can send the message and some one can receive it but when they send me i am not receiving anything.

please help

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @shoaibahmed

I'm sorry about that!

Could you send me your Public Mobile SIM card number through a private message? I will help you out 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

shoaibahmed

i am tring to port and activate my new sim got it yesterday and after porting window, i am getting this message

"Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

pleaes help

Need Help? Let's chat.