cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed

phalko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received my public mobile SIM card today. Went to go activate it, entered in all my details, etc, but it failed on the final page with an obscure error. Now I can neither log into self serve (although I did get an email saying my account was created), nor can I try activating again (Invalid SIM).  I setup 90-day auto-pay, yet the email says my next autopay date is Nov 1. Can someone take a look?

95 REPLIES 95

84DerekNg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having exactly the same issue with a failed activation like the OP.

May a moderator help me out?

razakanjee

@Mary_M @Saray_O @Shazia_K

I signed up for a plan. My SIM has been activated and my credit card charged.

But when I insert the SIM I get the following message:

"Sorry, your current plan does not include test messaging".

If I try to make a call I get the following message

"Your current plan does not include talk"

I have been sending private messages to the moderators since last week and have received no reply.

Help in this regard would be appreciated.

Nov 17, 2016Unlimited International Text/Messagerie texte à l'International $45.00$6.00
Nov 17, 201612GB Data/Données 12 Go $125.00$51.00
Nov 17, 2016Unlimited Provincial Talk/Appels Illimités dans la Province $60.00$176.00
Nov 17, 201690-day pass/Passe de 90 jours $25.00$236.00
Nov 17, 2016Fall 2016 Promo/Offre de l’automne 2016$126.00 $261.00
Nov 14, 2016Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$135.00 $135.00

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
If you've been charged, you can guarantee you'll get the plan. It seems like you'll need a mod to fix your account to allow you to sign in.

Nykeemah
@Rockdaddy22 thanks for the post. My problem is that my sim card is not activated, i've been charged and i cannot log into my account to fix the correct plan (chose the wrong one). I just want to log in, changed it accordingly and hope not to be double charged once done

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
What is the problem you encountered?

Nykeemah
@Rockdaddy22 thanks for the reassurance but is there any post regarding that promise is what im inquiring

Rockdaddy22
Because they'll honor the deal. As long as you tried to sign up before the 20th. If there's an error they will fix it. It's just a little slow right now

Nykeemah
@Rockdaddy22 how will i know for certain if i'll still get the promo deal? If everything is sorted out, i hope im not charged twice on account to an error.

Rockdaddy22
Even if you don't, you'll still get the promo.

Nykeemah
Hello,

I am having a similar issue, i've messaged several MOD's hoping to get a reply before the promo special is over.

Please help
Thanks

mmp1990

Hi @Brooke_C, I've sent you a PM. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

KR1

Hi Mods,

My activiation failed, please PM or advise.

Thanks

smayhew

Hello 

Please see your inbox @Brooke_C as I have PM'ed you a few times.  

Thanks

smayhew

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you @Brooke_C. I sent a PM a little while ago, but I suspect you are a bit innundated with messages at the moment.

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

If you are still experiencing issues, please PM me. Thanks! We appreciate your patience 🙂

rhuellavel

Same here I've been charged but cant acces my account and they also said i will be charged again on dec 1

arachnesun

Same issue for my friend.. I helped to active 3 SIM, but just one got the same issue.. 

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am here with the same issue.

Hello,

I am (attempting to be) new to the PM community. I just tried to activate my new SIM and port my Telus account 613-###-####. When I got to the final page, after entering payment information it said that the account activation had failed. When I tried to do it again I am being told that the SIM is invalid. There is a charge of $135.60 from Telus Pre auth on my VISA and a $120 charge from Public Mobile as well.

The SIM card is not being read by my phone, it says it is not activated, and my Telus SIM still works just fine.

I would like to activate my other phone (and use my number as the referrer) but am not convinced that is a good idea given the current situation.

I have also emailed PM. Yes the phone is unlocked, we've used it in several countries.

mixpdf
Yes, frustrating... especially since I have a couple people waiting to be referred.

mixpdf
Similar situation yesterday:

"Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thx!

rashmo

doesn't appear anyone is getting assistance with these issues. I've been struggling with the same since yesterday. My credit card has already been billed though. Frustrating....

mixpdf
Similar situation yesterday... activation failed. Any help is appreciated. -Thanks!

shirleylui

Exact same issue here.

jocleung

I'm having the same issue here. Just activated it today and it says the first auto-pay will be Dec 1. Someone help please! 

Maran
Plrase anyone help me

kestabro

I'm having the same problem as described in this thread.  I entered all the info for the promo with auto renew and the activation failed.  Can someone help solve this for me?  Thanks

Maran

hi

now i activate my sim and choosed a number. then received massage your activation has failed. and i register my account massage coming your number is invalid. and i make a called system said your plan is no outgoing voice. but credit card allready charged.

what can i do

please help me

thank u

maran

lena1965

@Shazia_K@Jeremy_M@Saray_O

Hello,

I have tried to activate my new SIM card yesterday and at the last page, it failed. Now, I cannot go back to activation with the same SIM card, not can I access my account. I sent 3 personal messages to you with my info and nobody is replying! Please, help!!!

Thank you.

GS911
Spoke too soon, everything got resolved. Thank you so much.
Need Help? Let's chat.