cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed

dvaloop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Porting my number out from Bell, went thru all screens but after submitting CC information got a message "Activation failed please contact us for help"

I can see $0.00 charge on my CC but don't know what is wrong.

Can anything be done to fix this @Shazia_K?

12 REPLIES 12

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pico wrote:

This just happened to me today.

Sim card activated, however no talk/text or data..

@Pico

For help with that, you should send a moderator a private message with your SIM card number and your account phone number.  See the link I posted above for moderator contact info.

Pico
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This just happened to me today.

Sim card activated, however no talk/text or data..

dvaloop

Thanks!

So, what have I learned during last week.

In order to port-in, my account and line have to stay active. In my case, Bell has put my number under new account without activating it (I'm taking my number from corporate pool, leaving company). I have to go to Bell store to get a SIM card to activate line, then go back to PM and initiate port.

If you porting from Corp account it's a pain in ass. 

SD08

@dvaloop

Porting should not take more than a couple of hours to complete.  Looks like you have a partial port, so you'll need a moderator's help.

You'll need to send them a private message including the phone number you're trying to port and the SIM card number.
More info on how to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

dvaloop

thanks. Account is active now with a new number and I can call from it. However when I'm calling to it - "Number not in service".

Should I wait longer before it fully activated? It's only been 12h since I ported

SD08

@nhanken

Very welcome.  Don't hesitate to ask if there are any further questions.  However, it's best to start your own thread/topic when there are issues, just so it has greater visibility, and to avoid derailing another customer's thread that they've started to deal with their own issue.  

nhanken
Thank you so much my friend and bravo to you! I will ask my friend to try this method instead of porting the number over during the SIM activate at the same time. We have tried numerous times and even used different credit cards and it didn't work.

SD08

@nhanken wrote:
Ah thank you so much. I would assume if my friend were to activate his PM SIM with a new phone number, he would have to contact one of the Mods to port over his old number with the previous provider if he wants to use that old number right?

@nhanken

Actually, number porting can be done by the customer themself by going into the PM self-serve account.  They should go to "Plan & Add-on," then "Change Phone Number."  When porting, they should use only the account number of the old provider as it appears, as that is the most reliable identifier (not IMEI, ESN or PIN).  Also, click the checkbox "I am authorized to port this number" before entering the phone number to be ported.

nhanken
Ah thank you so much. I would assume if my friend were to activate his PM SIM with a new phone number, he would have to contact one of the Mods to port over his old number with the previous provider if he wants to use that old number right?

SD08

@nhanken

It is highly recommended to activate the SIM card, check the service works, then port the number over in a separate step. Activating and porting in the same step increases the odds of encountering an error.

If the PM billing system rejects the credit card, multiple attempts sometimes succeed. Some things to try:
-clear your browser cache
-use private browsing mode
-turn off ad/pop-up blockers
-use a different browser
-use a different credit card if necessary for this time, this card can then be changed in the self-serve account later

Be sure to check the credit card account after each attempt to avoid double charge.

If none of that helps, then here's info on how to contact a moderator:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

In that case, it would be helpful if your friend had their own PM community account to allow direct communication with the moderators.  And be sure they turn on e-mail notifications for receipt of private messages in their PM community account.

nhanken
My friend is trying to port over from SpeakOut 7-eleven and has the same problem. I even tried to use my credit card and it says the same thing. Could any mod help?

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi @dvaloop, While activating a new sim card try to take a new number first. Then insert your sim inside your unlocked phone and test the service for talk, text and data are working fine.
If everything works then try to do the port.
If you have same problem then contact a moderator please.
Need Help? Let's chat.