cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failed

phalko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received my public mobile SIM card today. Went to go activate it, entered in all my details, etc, but it failed on the final page with an obscure error. Now I can neither log into self serve (although I did get an email saying my account was created), nor can I try activating again (Invalid SIM).  I setup 90-day auto-pay, yet the email says my next autopay date is Nov 1. Can someone take a look?

95 REPLIES 95

apilchin

Hi,

I have the same problem!

I received my SIM card today, and went through the activation process on your webiste.

When I submit everything on the last page, it gets stuck spinning on "Please wait while activation is being processed". 

Nothing happens!   And I can't find any phone number to call.  Please HELP!

Thank you,

Alex

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Failedonstep1,

We've received responded to your private message. Please check your inbox!

Thank you,

Syed 

Failedonstep1

I tried to set up an account and when I got to the summary page I lost connection. My visa has been charged and I am not able to active the sim card. Any suggestions?

jthorgeirson

Need help ASAP!

I registered my account and activated my SIM card but in the last stage (after payment) I got an "activation failed" message and told me to contact public mobile.

My VISA was charged for the 3 month plan, my friend who referred me got a text saying I referred her, and I got a text with a "new pin".

When I put in the SIM card it says "no service" and asked me to enter my phone number manually.

I ported my number from my other provider and my number is still active.

When I try to log-in it says "log in failed" and when I try to reset my password it says my email is not valid,.

Please help ASAP - I have already been charged for services and do not have a carrier until this is fixed!

@dingzq wrote:

Hi,

I have the same activation problem here.  I have sent a private message to the

@Shazia_K@Brooke_C@Saray_O, & @Jeremy_M, may you please help me out?

@dingzq

Depending on the time you've sent the message, the mods might have gone home already last night.

The moderator team answers private messages on a first come first serve basis. Your message went into a pool and will be picked up by the next available moderator. Tagging them individually here actually slows the whole process down because they need to look at every message and determine if the problem is already worked on.

The program they use on their side (think something similar to Outlook etc) doesn't trigger a read flag in your sent box.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

I'm sure they will get back to you as soon as they can. Good luck!

BTW, replying in an old and solved thread is often not a good way to get help for your problem fast. We recommend creating a new thread for your next problem.

dingzq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have the same activation problem here.  I have sent a private message to the

@Shazia_K@Brooke_C@Saray_O, & @Jeremy_M, may you please help me out?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I think it would be quicker here. Send a private message to @Shazia_K with all your info.

okesdokes

I'm having the same problems as the original poster.

I've sent a support email with all the information including SIM number, email, phone number, etc.

Would it be faster to go through the support process through the forums?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @hhandous,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

I can most definitely help you out but I'll need some information. Can you please send me the following via private message?

- Your SIM card number

- your name

- email address

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

hhandous

Hello,

It seems I am having trouble activating my new sim. I get to the last part of the activation and it says "Activation failed. Please contact Public Mobile"

Any chance I can get some help with this?

Thanks

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @cpun

I sent you a private message 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

cpun

Hi, 

I have the same problem and I am unable to use the talk/text/data at all. Please advise.

C

cpun

Hi Saray, 

I have the same problem and I am unable to use the talk/text/data at all. Please see private messages for my details.

C

Rockdaddy22
Glad everything worked out ☃🎄

aslinger
Thank you @Mary_M that worked. Thank you for helping out and happy holidays to you and the team at public mobile you ladies are awesome

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @aslinger,

Thank you for your patience!

I was able to get everything set up for you - it looks as though the account was partially active. Can you please power cycle your phone and test your services?

Also, don't forget to create your self-serve account at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/.

I hope this helps, and happy holidays ! 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
@Mary_M anyway you could help this person get service before Christmas 🎄

Rockdaddy22
Ok
Any mods here able to help here before Christmas? @Shazia_K @Saray_O @Mary_M

aslinger
Nope it sends me to a message saying that talk is not part of my plan but that I have a credit on my account

Rockdaddy22
Try the sim in your phone, it might be active

aslinger
Received my public mobile SIM card Went to go activate it, entered in all my details, etc, but it failed on the final page with an obscure error. Now I can neither log into self serve (although I did get an email saying my account was created), nor can I try activating again (Invalid SIM) it also charged my credit card

84DerekNg

Hey Rashmo,

I was in the same situation as you but a mod eventually does get to you. I had a failed activation where it charged me but the number didn't port and I was kind of stuck in limbo for a while. Just sit tight and have faith that it'll eventually get fixed. I totally understand it sucks to have paid for Public and not be able to use it, all while having to pay for your current provider as well (happened to me).

borawon90

@Saray_OYesterday I was having the same issues. Today, I am  able to use data and receive phone calls but it says i need a text plan to receive text messages although I have unlimited international text messaging in my plan. I still cant log in to self serve. My credit card has been charged. Please help.

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately it's just a waiting game at this point. Maybe if @Mary_M has a chance she'll be able to get to you this weekend. She is extremely busy as you know.

Reco
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you, @Rockdaddy22.

Yes, I saw this post and sent a detailed private message to @Mary_M last night. I haven't heard any response yet.

I think charging the credit card without activating the service is a big flaw in PM's activation process. If they charge you, the service should be activated. I will write to @Dave_M about this.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
The mods do work weekends, hopefully you can get some help later in the morning. You should send a private message to one of them with the details.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

At the bottom of the first post, there's a link explaining how to send a private message.

rashmo

I'm in the same boat. Posted in the forums, private messaged 2 mods and even opened 2 support cases in the "get help" section of PM site.

I've had zero response from all 3 methods and this is over a weeks time! I'm extermely frustrated paying for a phone I cannot use and contuning to have to pay for another months of service from my old provider.

I'm at a loss for next steps.

Rockdaddy22
The mods do work weekends, hopefully you can get some help later in the morning. You should send a private message to one of them with the details.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

At the bottom of the first post, there's a link explaining how to send a private message.

Reco
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When activation fails, one cannot send a message to the moderators either because one cannot login to their account. It is not possible to check if in fact the account had been created because when one checks the phone number, it says "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.". It is like a vicious circle. What could one do now? I am happy that at least we can register to this forum and post messages.

I hope somebody can help me at this late hour or tomorrow during the weekend.

Btw, the SIM recognized by the phone but it doesn't have any service. I got three text messages from Public mobile that said phone doesn't have a text message service and when I try to make a call, I hear a voice message saying that the phone doesn't have talk service.

Thanks.

84DerekNg
Hey Smayhew,

I've done the same steps as you except I've been waiting 4 days not 7. I'm just feeling frustrated obviously and I'm not blaming the moderators because I understand they are swamped. It just sucks to have paid for something I cannot use at the moment, and since the port failed I also risk paying for another billing cycling with Rogers if this doesn't get fixed soon.

smayhew

Hello 84DerekNg 

Yes a MOD will be able to help out when they are able too.   

I too have messaged and tagged MODS directly, used Twitter, submitted a ticket, and even messaged PM staff but have had no reply...... I am now at day 7 of waiting for any kind of reply and assistance.

The community has been helpful for some issues.  But my issue is a porting issue and requires a moderator to fix it.

I, like a lot of people, use my cell for work purposes too so I am really beginning to feel the pressure.

My hope is that help is on its way sooner rather than later.

Have a good day 

Need Help? Let's chat.