cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation: Unkown error when creating account, now invalid SIM

MDodson65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

earlier today I bought two (2) SIM cards. Activation of the first went well. After that I tried to activate the second SIM. I used the same name/email/address but different PW as the first time, because both SIMs are for my kids and I want to be the account holder!

The activation of the 2nd SIM failed. I received an error message "Error creating account". Now it is this:

- I can't log in to the 2nd account as it looks like it wasn't created

- When trying a new activation, I get SIM invalid

Now I am stuck. 

Best solution would be, if I could add the 2nd SIM to the account I already created. If I need to create a 2nd account, that's OK too, but at the moment I always received INVALID SIM.

What can I do?

Cheers,

Oliver

3 REPLIES 3

@MDodson65 Wait about an hour before retrying. You can also get help when you do try again with live chat. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.54.13 PM.png

MDodson65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for letting me know. How long does it take until I can try again as at the moment I continue to get "INVALID SIM" when I try to activate the 2nd SIM.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@MDodson65 You can't use the same email address for more than one account. There is a way around this using aliases. The easiest way to to do it is add or remove a period in your email address.

myname@somemail.com

my.name@somemail.com

Both addresses will get the email at the same account but satisfy the requirement for a "different" email for log n purposes.

Alternatively, some email providers like Google Gmail allow you to add a + in front of the @ sign in your address followed by whatever you like.

myname@gmail.com
myname+hername@gmail.com

Both emails will receive messages at the same account but again meet the requirements for a different email for log in.

You may have to wait an hour to redo the activation as the sim has probably been locked out. Be sure to clear the browser cache or open a private window.

Need Help? Let's chat.