cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Nightmare!

shyama24x7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just tried to activate my SIM card and set up my online profile and has been in a limbo, going in circles with one roadblock to another....... first it was the payment method, AMEX not being accepted, to email address, sign in issue.... and to top it all, I can't speak to a real human... and must fill this in and wait for a godot to respond.....?

I am extremely frustrated and do not want to proceed with my order anymore. What should I do?

It has be been a very bad start already and I want to return your SIM card and say a big farewell to your company, product!

If somebody is really reading this, let me know what my options are ...

S.

27 REPLIES 27

shyama24x7

Not yet. I was told to wait for 24 - 48 hours...

I will keep you posted. 

Thanks & Good Night.  Smiley Happy

Everything working and all your issues been looked after @shyama24x7
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

shyama24x7

Shazia_K - U R the best!

Thank you for reaching out to me and giving me hope that this will be resolved... and for answering my questions.

Image result for hope is restored

@shyama24x7

Most easiest way to send a private msg 

click on shazia name or picture logo it's will open a new webpage scroll down all the way and you will see icon send private msg to shazia 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

shyama24x7

I do not know how to send a private message.....

teach me!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @shyama24x7

I'm truly sorry for the ongoing issue, 

As I can see through this thread, my colleague Maria has requested a private message from you but you never sent us anything. 

Please send us the required information. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@shyama24x7 

I tag the mod department  when we were discussing earlier hopefully that will get back to you soon

shyama24x7

It is mid day Monday and I haven't heard from anyone from PM so far....

Image result for sad

@shyama24x7

Thx 

I know how you feel and how frustrating is it but don't you worry they will hopefully look after your issues and will resolved for you 

and there's a dept where moderators work and look after account,billing and support issues 

since I tag one for you they will reply back tomorrow 

thanks 

shyama24x7

Thanks for taking time to respond..... I have removed my personal info as recommended by you.

I will wait for someone to contact me during business hours to resolve this.... I just do not want my credit card to be charged .... Is there even an accounting department... or ..... I am scratching my head.....

Image result for confused

@shyama24x7

We all are public mobile users like you 

we are actually trying to help you you been posting personal details which shouldn't be posted openly like this those are confidential information which suppose to send to moderators dept privately but you been posting here we suggust you go back your post click 3 donts on top of your posts right side click and then click edit and remove personal details from their

and about getting help about your account since mod dept is now closed for today they will be open tomorrow at 9 am est since I tagged the mod for you when they become available tomorrow they will contact you by private msg until nothing much you or we can do about this issue because we don't have access to your account as I mentioned we are user of public mobile like you but we are here to help each other by suggestions and solutions but when issues relates to account we can't do much about it sorry about that 

i would suggust wait till tomorrow they will contact you in the morning and kindly edit your early posts and delete your personal details 

thanks and again sorry about the issues you been having hopefully all the issues will be looked after tomorrow for you 

shyama24x7

I just don't get it....

I am getting so many responses from people - God knows who they are.... but no one so far has helped me with an actual resolution....

What kind of a crazy support system is this......?

How can I access my freaking self serve account so that I can either cancel my account or take off my credit card info that I had used to activate my account that I no longer want to keep. 

Please don't give me convoluted directions.... someone take ownership... (again, I don't know how this system works) and resolve my problem. Thanks.

@shyama24x7

you are keep posting your personal details here kindly remove all personal details like your phone numbers account numbers and email and you have to send those details to moderators dept by private msg 

i am tagging @Mary_M for you 

all you have to do click on Mary name and send her private msg and check my last reply as well I explain how you can contact mod 

@shyama24x7 Please go to your posts with private information and look to the upper right. You will see 3 dots, click and you will see Edit Reply, click that and your post will appear to edit. Delete your phone number, email address, etc. then click Post. That will remove all your personal information from this public forum.

To learn about private messaging click here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shyama24x7

Hi!

The email address I used to set up my daughter's PM account is (removed)  Every time we use the password to access the account, it is not accepting the password. It gives the following error message: Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address. When I try to click on the "forgot password" link.... hoping to reset the password..... still same error message.  I hope this helps to resolve our issue. Thanks.

Shyama

@shyama24x7

Remove your phone number personal information should be kept private since it's a open forum
Here's how to contact mod
In your private message to any moderator whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Or easier way check a post right before you Mary m click on her name scroll down all the way you will see a icon send a private msg that's how you can send a private msg
But do remove your personal details
Thanks

shyama24x7

How do you I private/direct message you?

I am not able to access my online account... even though I have set up an user ID and password..... everything I have tried so far... is not giving any result... I am getting charged in two places.... here and Koodo, who my current provider is... not happy!

Can someone call me to resolve this... Thanks.

Shyama

6xx/xxx/xxxx

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @shyama24x7,

thank you for reaching out to us regarding your experience!

I'm truly sorry to hear that you didn't have the experience you expected while activating your new SIM card. This can be really frustrating for one, but rest assured that I'm here to help and ease the situation for you!

In order for me to try locating an account and getting it set up, I'll need some information. Can you please send me your SIM card number by private message? 

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Watoko I'm curious what they actually fixed then. Haha. People are still having activation issues and the online portal  is still slow as ever.

Watoko

@CalvinW wrote:
This shouldn't have happened. Apparently most issues with the system has been fixed or so I've heard.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/An-update-from-Dave-what-we-ve-been-up-to/...

Apparently not? 😮 Deja vu smh. It gives us a purpose though 😛

If you having issues few suggustion try differnet browser if you having issues signing up also try clear cache and cookie and unfortunately pm doesn't except Amex so for that you have to try different card if nothing work then send a msg to mod as other op suggested

CalvinW
This shouldn't have happened. Apparently most issues with the system has been fixed or so I've heard.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/An-update-from-Dave-what-we-ve-been-up-to/...

@nishufam
Just to update you
You tagged all 3 moderators which will make multiple request as I learned here you only need to tag once when we tag mod request goes to open pool and whoever mod become available they will respond but by tagging more then one it's will make multiple inquiries just to let you know thanks

damik_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi shyama24x7, I understand how you feel. I had problem registering my card because the address were different. But after registration have been completed my phone number transferred instantly. I have been very happy with the service ever since.
I don't know if you can get a refund for the SIM card but I suggest you give it another try after you clear up your mind.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @shyama24x7

Sorry to hear that. You can send a private message to our moderators and wait for help. @Mary_M @Shazia_K @MarieHelene_L Thanks

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@shyama24x7, sorry to hear you are haing issues.  Has a payment been made?  If a payment has been made not sure how you would get a refund as it is a prepaid service.  If you haven't been charged and aren't happy I would just walk away as I don't think you can get a refund for the sim if you have punched it out and put it in a phone.  I know it won't help now but not sure if you had read anything on here prior to purchasing a sim and knew that there was no customer service call centre and that if issue do arise they could take awhile especially now when the MOD is just leaving for the day.  They are back tomorrow though.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@shyama24x7, I don't believe SIMs are refundable.  As for setting up the service it can get hairy when you encounter problems, but generally it is a smooth process for most activations.  You can always try again with a different credit card.  If you want some assistance from a moderator with activating the plan, contact them via private message.  They are very friendly and helpful.  Here's how to get in touch with a moderator.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.