cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Failed and now can't register again as says Invalid SIM

mommy4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear mods, can someone please help activate my account.  I bought a new SIM from Walmart, got home, filled out all the details and upon clicking Activate (After a minute or more) I got an error.  Tried again but says my sim is invalid.  I notice my credit card got charged.  My account also was not created.  Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

mik101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can see this becoming an issue with newer versions of Google Chrome. It is failing to load one of the scripts used in the activation process (showing an icon in the address bar that there is an unsafe script).

That needs to be clicked on and allowed to load before customers fill in the application page with their details. Otherwise it will either fail (worst case) or clear the whole page and they'll have to start over (best case).

I ran into this on Sunday but fortunately noticed before clicking activate.

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like it was solved already so I'm a bit late, but you can try resetting your password to see if the account was already created under your Username (email). 

mommy4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome this worked!

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mommy4 wrote:

Dear mods, can someone please help activate my account.  I bought a new SIM from Walmart, got home, filled out all the details and upon clicking Activate (After a minute or more) I got an error.  Tried again but says my sim is invalid.  I notice my credit card got charged.  My account also was not created.  Thanks for your help.

If your cc was charged it means that your SIM was activated so you should insert into your phone and see if you can call out. If you cannot sign in to your self serve.publicmobile.ca account you need to send a private message to moderator_team and ask them to reset your password as @Lieux rrecommended.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Try to insert your SIM card in your phone maybe it can help @mommy4 ... but for your self serve account you will need help from the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage and write moderator_team in send to and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days,

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@mommy4The browser can be picky, try using a different one, Chrome in incognito mode usually works.

Registering your SIM may not have created an account. Click on My Account in the top right corner, it will give you an option to Create An Account.

Need Help? Let's chat.