cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a new account

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I am trying to help sign my in-laws up online using self serve to get the $25 credits.  We purchased the sim cards, but I am had a problem with setup.   The screen timed out and said their was a problem when and we never got to the payment part.  Went to start again and the sim was locked for 50 minutes, so gave up last night.    So before I begin again, I have some questions.

1.  Is their a better web browser to use as it seemed to go slow

2.  Porting from Lucky Mobile a screen came up and asked for either account number, phone S?N or Pin.   A)Should we skip porting on the initial screen and just select a new PM number and then port in in self serve account?   B)What is the timeframe to port over a cell number?

3.   Since my in-laws are on one account should I port the number which is not the primary account number over first? 

1 REPLY 1

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@dmbcanada 

1. Chrome in incognito mode works best
2. It is usually better to pick a new number then port the number you want, it should only take a few hours. Keep using the old SIM until it stops working then switch it for the Public Mobile SIM.
3. Probably best to port the primary number last

If you have problems with the port not completing and need to contact a moderator you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.