cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a new SIM through my account

JohnBilby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a public mobile account and I would like to activate a new sim for another phone, but while activating its asking for the registration such as email user etc... so once i enter the same its showing error, i dont want to create a new account , So is it possible to activate a new sim with existing account ? 

Regards,

John

3 REPLIES 3

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Only one account per sim card and email.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnBilby wrote:

Hi, I have a public mobile account and I would like to activate a new sim for another phone, but while activating its asking for the registration such as email user etc... so once i enter the same its showing error, i dont want to create a new account , So is it possible to activate a new sim with existing account ? 

Regards,

John

Nope...you'll need a separate account for each phone.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JohnBilby wrote:

Regards,

John

@JohnBilby No. Only one sim / number per account. You need a new email for each sim. You can use email aliases to achieve this. The easiest way to to do it is add or remove a period in your email address.

myname@somemail.com

my.name@somemail.com

Both addresses will get the email at the same account but satisfy the requirement for a "different" email for log n purposes.

Alternatively, some email providers like Google Gmail allow you to add a + in front of the @ sign in your address followed by whatever you like.

myname@gmail.com
myname+hername@gmail.com

Both emails will receive messages at the same account but again meet the requirements for a different email for log in.

Need Help? Let's chat.