cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account wont sign in. "cannot verify email" on forgot password.

JonJon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mom lost her bank card and got a new one. I guess the payment needs the old card number, which is now cancelled. Trying to sign her into her account to change payment info but will not sign in under her email. I tried forgot password section but comes back with not able to verify. I tried creating a new account and did not work as well. Also tried just registering the sim card again but the sim number comes up as invalid. Never had issues on my account but this is stupid. Do they deactivate the sim card/account if a payment is missed or something lol

6 REPLIES 6

Chris19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv  PM prefers people using simon to contact moderators that way accounts can be certified, required info is gathered and tickets can be prioritized.  All the above will maximize ticket speed/resolution .

It might be better to put the simon method first before the private message option, no matter how much we might dislike Simon.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JonJon  you can buy a voucher and then apply it via 611.  This will get your mom's phone working assuming she can dial 611.

After that you can deal with resetting the account access.  An active kind will also make the verification process via SIMon easier

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JonJon wrote:

My mom lost her bank card and got a new one. I guess the payment needs the old card number, which is now cancelled. Trying to sign her into her account to change payment info but will not sign in under her email. I tried forgot password section but comes back with not able to verify. I tried creating a new account and did not work as well. Also tried just registering the sim card again but the sim number comes up as invalid. Never had issues on my account but this is stupid. Do they deactivate the sim card/account if a payment is missed or something lol

Hello @JonJon ,

Do you know if a Self Serve account was ever created? You can do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If the Self Serve account is created, try search email Inboxes for the Welcome Public Mobile Email when activated?

Then use that email and "forgot your password" option if you forgot the password.

If still no luck only Moderators can help get you back in the Self Serve account to change the method of payment.

*In the meantime to get service, obtain a voucher and add it through 611.

Two ways to contact Moderators:

Private message the moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
OR
Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

An account gets deactivated if there is no payment after 90 days.  Try clearing your cache and cookies.  Also try using a different browser.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the bubble on the bottom right corner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonJon : If the account does not renew it goes into suspension. After 90 days it will deactivate. If the account hasn't been paid for over 4 months then it's been deactivated by now (unless there were some funds in the account).

Need Help? Let's chat.