cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Account validation for moderator support

Hi all and @Moderator_Team. Have just been informed that from now on in order to validate PM customers' accounts this is the link to use: https://about.telus.com/authenticationform.jspa?c=pm0.

Instructions 

· Select "Twitter"*
· Enter your Community User name
· Enter your phone number + 4-Digit PIN in appropriate boxes

Invent your own way to incorporate this into your helping responses. This will be my "canned" response.

"Unfortunately, you need assistance from the moderators. First fill in this form to authenticate your account/message https://about.telus.com/authenticationform.jspa?c=pm0. Be sure to click the "Twitter" button and enter your Community handle as the Twitter Username".

Then immediately click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue noting that you have validated the account."

Be patient. I'm sure this is going to confuse many. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Mayor / Maire

Re: Account validation for moderator support

Thanks for the information. 

I'm wondering about if Public Mobile has gone through all the trouble to set this authentication up, why not just have us send the message to the moderators through this same process?  Why the 2-step process?   Oh well - I guess people will eventually get used to it. 

Oracle

@computergeek541 wrote:

Thanks for the information. 

I'm wondering about if Public Mobile has gone through all the trouble to set this authentication up, why not just have us send the message to the moderators through this same process?  Why the 2-step process?   Oh well - I guess people will eventually get used to it. 

Believe us when we say the Oracle's have thrown many questions back to the mods i on this process and we were only informed yesterday

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

What’s wrong with what we’re doing now?  I see Facebook is on that page you’ve linked as well.

All this run around, might make some leave.

Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

What’s wrong with what we’re doing now?  I see Facebook is on that page you’ve linked as well.

All this run around, might make some leave.

I said the same thing.  There was no direct response.  I take the response to mean the ship has sailed.

Oracle

@Luddite, when I tested the link, I selected the community and it worked as well.  I am totally flabbergasted that customers are expected to use this new well tested process, select twitter link but use community forum credential.  Sure of course this combination makes a whole lot of sense. 

giphy

Mayor / Maire

At this point, may as well have 24/7/365-1/4 support via twitter DM, or Facebook Messenger.

Stupid.

Mayor / Maire

Lucky for me, my Twitter name is the same.  

Good to be an an early adopter of new web services.

Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

At this point, may as well have 24/7/365-1/4 support via twitter DM, or Facebook Messenger.

Stupid.

It sure is a slippery slope.  It will be interesting to see how a real time authentication works with private messaging which is not real time.  What happens if the authentication keeps on timing out.  Sure, let set the time out at 48 hours.  Nice and secure.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm all for being more secure and all but couldn't the two steps have been combined into one?

Example: Put a textbox on this new authentication form to enter the problem details right there?