cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended

bgonsalves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

2 of our accounts were set up to auto-pay yesterday Sept 16 - but the payment did not go through and our accounts were suspended today.   There seems to be a problem with charging to Capital One Mastercards (I know this because the AutoPay was to a valid Capital One card and when trying to renew, I used a separate Capital One card and that failed too).   Anyway, I made a manual payment on a Visa card on one account and it reactivated that account.   I used a second Visa card for my account (so that I could identify the transactions) and my account shows available funds, but the account is not reactivated (my credit card account shows the charge went through).   I sent a private message to the Moderator team this morning but have not heard back.  Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bgonsalves

Glad you solved the issue. I was using a Capital One MasterCard as well, but had my first autopay yesterday/today and it seems to have gone through. I think there is a known issue only with the Tangerine Mastercard which I was unable to use while activating the account. I have tried to add it several times on my own afterwards but it hasn’t worked so I just kept the Capital One MasterCard

@bgonsalves wrote:

Adding extra funds activated the account -  my balance is now the extra funds I added to the account!

Another one of the ISSUES PM must deal will

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bgonsalves

Adding extra funds activated the account -  my balance is now the extra funds I added to the account!

For some reason, your re-activation was stuck for your 2nd line.  If you did the same thing as the first line, except with different VISA card, it should have re-activated like the first line.  

Possibly add extra $5 manually to your account to see whether that would trigger the re-activation?  Just an idea....

I think that you will need to wait for moderator.....

bgonsalves

I did not make any changes to either account.

bgonsalves

When making a payment, I selected the 'amount due' option.   Therefore there are enough funds to activate.   I made the payment at least 6 hours ago, but my account is still inactive (the account says '$0 due').

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bgonsalves

If you  load up enough funds manually to your 2nd account, it should activate soon afterwards. Like with your first account.  

Did you change phone plans with renewal?  If so, it will not re-activate without moderator help. You could try re-starting your 2nd phone to see whether it would re-activate.

Otherwise, you might need to wait for moderator help (1-2 day wait times).  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

"Any suggestions?"

a) Rebooting your phone sometimes helps.

b) Login to your account and try to buy your current plan under Change Plan. OR if you see a message that no action is required because you are on autopay, or have enough funds, then it will likely clear overnight. 

c) Lots of beer so you won't care about the delay in moderator response. Seems to be 48 hours lately. Robot Frustrated

d) Peruse 100% SERVICE for thoughts on continuity of service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.