cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account info not displaying

Mofokid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm not sure if my account is locked or something else is going on.. I can login but all I see is "Hello" and no account info, just blank page under the header.

Second concern is, can I activate a sim to take advantage of current promo then port in my number from rogers in a few months when my contract is up, I will maintain a $25 plan. if I change the plan later to a $35 or $45 plan will I lose the bonus 5gb and is the 5gb every month on top of your plan data going forward?

Thanks for any help

8 REPLIES 8

@Mofokid 

Unlike other providers who have add ons that are only good for one month, have to be cancelled or they renew and you get billed for it .There are two basic types of add ons offered by public mobile :

1. 10 day US roaming add ons (talk/text/data) separate or bundled 
  2. Talk (calling minutes for canada, US and/or international long distance) add ons
  3. Data add ons -200mb/1gb (regular and promotional)

Roaming add ons aside....add ons remain on your account until they are completely used up. All add ons that are purchased are done so only by the customer who must add funds to their account balance first then choose the add on and submit the payment from their balance. Once the payment is accepted the add on will appear in your overview and plan and add ons sections and be active.

Promotional add ons work almost exactly the same way except they are free.. Either given as a gift or as a bonus to a promotion most often at activation. Gift add ons either won in a contest or as a thank you from pm or as an honorarium for participating in community feedback or beta testing are like purchased data that remains on your account until completely used.

Promotional add ons only differ if the terms and conditions of the promotion specify so.....most often that the plan activated upon must remain in place or sometimes you can upgrade your plan and keep the add ons but not downgrade. (Sometimes despite changing plans the add ons will stay but other times they will not....YMMV!!...unless you get an assurance from a moderator that you will not lose the add on its best to err on the side of caution.)

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mofokid wrote:

So the 5gb is a add on that expires after 30 days or expires after its been used up, either way its not 5gb every 30 days?

It doesn't expire after 30 days, but you only get it once. You keep the one 5GB bonus until it's all depleted.  It's not every 30 days.

Mofokid

So the 5gb is a add on that expires after 30 days or expires after its been used up, either way its not 5gb every 30 days?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mofokid 

I think I see where you are going with this.....first of all register your email as soon as possible this part of the promotion could end at anytime. The 5gb data add on bonus is one time only but ideally you choose the plan that best suits your monthly data needs and just use the add on data to supplement your usage when it fluctuates up. Plan data is much cheaper for the most part compared to add on data ($5/1gb vs $15/1gb.)

From your post you seem to indicate the following:

1. You currently have an account and phone number with pm.
  2. You want to avail yourself of the promo for your rogers number.
  3. Your contract ends soon i'm going to guess 3 months.
  4. Your monthly data needs run between 2.5gb to 6.5gb.

Once you have registered your email wait until the last day of the promo to activate....but not the last minute!  If possible activate just after midnite est on the last day. This way you have the entire day to deal with any issues. You do not have to maintain a minimum plan of $25 ( because you wanted to save money?) instead choose the plan that you think will serve your data needs with the 5gb data add on bonus to back up usage when you have a heavy usage month. ( I will use the $40/5gb plan in my example.) Choose a temporary number and use your referral code to refer yourself.

Once you activate and pay enjoy your service for the next 29 days and once you recieve the 5gb data add ons and the $40 credit you can then suspend your service the day before your renewal via lost/stolen. If you have suspended your current account you can renew if you wish. Either put your new sim away somewhere safe or resist the urge to unsuspend or call it from your phone. Instead you can keep the voicemail active by dialing it from a different phone/ńumber to check or manage your voicemail.At this point lets review where you stand with your new account that you have suspended.

1. You can unsuspend it anytime in the next 89 days (by day 85 is best just in case.)
  2. You will have a credit of $52.($40/30 day credit+$10 referral credit+$2 autopay=$52)
  3. You will have about 2 months left in your contract with rogers.

It can be advantageous to you to end a contract with a device subsidy on the first or second day of your final month under contract. The reasoning for this is once you pay or are billed for any portion of a monthly bill the law considers it an entire month of device subsidy paid out. Your plan portion is prorated so once you port out and effectively close your account rogers will  have to prorate the plan portion of your bill and have to consider yourr final month of device  subsidy paid in full. So your final bill would look like this if you ported out on day 2 and your bill was $60 ($30 plan/$30 device subsidy.)

Rogers will bill you 2 days ×$2/per day=$4 (2×$1 prorated plan and 2×$1 device subsidy=$4=$30) If you ported out on the second day of your second to last month you would owe the same 2x$1=$2 plan amount  + $32 for your ECF(device subsidy) 2 months $30+$2=$32. Saving you $28 + any difference in plan compared to pm. If you add the $28 saved to your pm account you will then have a credit of $80 !  

Unsuspend your service. If your account doesnt reactivate try adding $1 to your balance or suspend your account again. Log out. Log in. Resume. Reboot phone. Welcome again to public mobile!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Mofokid ,

For the website issue: try clearing your browser's cache and opening a tab in incognito mode, then log in again.

The 5GB add-on is in addition to your plan data. Your plan data is always used up 1st in each 30-day cycle and the add-on will kick in once you use your plan data prior to your plan renewing.

According to the terms and condition if your account becomes inactive or if there rate plan change then you can lose the 5GB add-on. See at the very bottom of this page and expand the "Terms and conditions"

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/boxingweek

mm80

@Mofokid Public doesn't do montly plans. Plans are 30 days. The 5GB is one time.

Mofokid

So it not 5gb ongoing (monthly), just 5gb that goes away after its used up?

mm80

@Mofokid The account issue is a website glitch. Go back later.

Yes, you can get the boxing week promo but you need to follow the conditions and open a new account. Port when you want. 

5GB is lost if you change the plan.  It's one time only but you keep until it's used.

Need Help? Let's chat.