cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account email update?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How can email be updated on account page?

I have asked Simon and will cut and paste it's response--- HOWEVER there is no such option that I can see.

SIMON'S SOLUTION:

You can easily change the email address associated with your account by clicking the "My Profile" button and then click on "Change Username".

75 REPLIES 75

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BEER wrote:

It wasn’t me that mentioned that they are able to move rewards between accounts. I did mention that many months ago I did contact the moderator team and was told that that is not possible . However another member posted that they regularly move rewards between their accounts
👀

Yes. Rewards cannot be moved between accounts after a reward is awarded to an account.

Taking refer-a-friend(RAF) reward as an example:

Canada is a free country.  You have a choice of giving your RAF code from account A instead of account B to your friend.  But after your friend activated a PM plan with your account A code, your account A will get a RAF reward until you cancel your account A or your friend cancel his account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

It wasn’t me that mentioned that they are able to move rewards between accounts. I did mention that many months ago I did contact the moderator team and was told that that is not possible . However another member posted that they regularly move rewards between their accounts. 
👀This post is getting a bit much and a bit confusing ☹️ that was not my intention. All that matters is my issue has been resolved and all is well now regardless of how it was achieved.

I’m tempted to try changing the accounts email again to find out if this works again. The subject account name is “Tsawwassen”.  

Again...the community email is changeable. Changing it did NOT change the self-serve account when I tried it.

When talking about moving things around it's important to be sure of the terminology. When you say rewards, do you mean rewards or do you mean funds?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER 

Well I tested it and the self-serve did NOT change. I also have a suspended account with a community account using the same email address. I changed the address for that community account...NO change on the self-serve account.

So I'm astonished and more than a little skeptical that this somehow worked for you.

With some discretion, mods can move Available Funds. I've never heard of them moving rewards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

From day one I was able to easily change my account login email. Just to make surre I’m not mistaken before this response I went into my account and changed the login email to one of my alias emails confirmed and logged in. After a few minutes I logged in again and changed my account login email back to my original one that is also used for my community email. 

How?! There's no option in the self-serve to change the email address.

Community yes...not self-serve.

Please provide a screen snip of where and how you do this in the self-serve.

I tested changing the email address in the community fine...the log in to the "associated" self-serve account did NOT change.

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: I dunno @BEER . I just tried that on a third little test account I have and changing the community email login did NOT change the self-serve email login. I was pretty darn skeptical but I was on mobile when I read your report.

of course it didn't

Could you imagine if it did?  There's a reason that there are seperate usernames,  logins, and  passwords for both Community and Self Serve. There are running different systems and are not linked together. If changing the e-mail address in Community did change the self serve login, there would just be one login for both.

The Community e-mail address is coimpletely indedependent of the Self Serve e-mail addresss login. The only link that there is with the e-mail addresses needing to be the same so that Public Mobile knows who to give the Community rewards to. The self serve login cannot be changed by the customer, a process that requires a moderator.  

If this did work, this is a security concern and needs to be reported to Public Mobile immediately, and certainly not be discussed in the open.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER 

Interesting finding. Have a solid password on your account and that is the main reason I use prepaid or reloadable cards so as not to risk the exposure of my main credit card(s). I happen to have a balance on my account so the prepaid card I have has no balance but I still get the $2.

Edit: I dunno @BEER . I just tried that on a third little test account I have and changing the community email login did NOT change the self-serve email login. I was pretty darn skeptical but I was on mobile when I read your report.

That makes no sense @BEER  its probably a lucky coincidence. Because then to fraudelently port your number, then all one would need is access to your community account.  Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BEER 

I manage 8 PM accounts using 1 community account.

When I change the email address on my community account to anyone of my 8 PM accounts, my PM account email does not change.  

I change the email account of my community account monthly or quarterly to add fund to different PM accounts.

For an example:

My community account email address = PM account A

Two weeks ago, I changed my community account email address to PM account B so that my community reward will be added to my PM account B.

If your discovery is correct after changing my community account email address, the email address of my PM account A will be changed to account B.  Now, PM server will be totally confused because there are 2 accounts with the same email address (i.e. two PM account with the same username).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER 

But how do you know it changed on the account side?

Edit: oh wait overview page right side. So that changed when you changed it here?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@BEER the SIMon solution is terribly wrong, we had a thread a couple weeks ago that spoke about this. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER , it looks like the information is out of date.  It used to be possible when username and email address were actually different variables.  Ever since the change to have them both be the same thing, customers lost the ability to change to it on their own.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BEER contact the moderators give them your new email address amd ask them to change it for you. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!"). There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BEER  hi you will need a moderator assistance for that 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Contact mods for selfserve

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/  only moderators can change selfserve address

For community account click on your avatar and go to my settings

Need Help? Let's chat.