cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled

bellinabambina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an active account.  I was victim to "sim jacking/sim swap fraud" 2 days ago.  The Mods helped me to fix it.  Now when I try to access my account, it says it has been disabled, but I did not do that.  How do I resolve this?  I am so paranoid that someone is going to port my number, or do something to my account again.

4 REPLIES 4

@bellinabambina wrote:

I have an active account.  I was victim to "sim jacking/sim swap fraud" 2 days ago.  The Mods helped me to fix it.  Now when I try to access my account, it says it has been disabled, but I did not do that.  How do I resolve this?  I am so paranoid that someone is going to port my number, or do something to my account again.

To port out your phone number, the person trying to steal your phone number would also need access to your phone device. This means that your self serve password is of great importance to prevent someone from switching your service to a different sim cad.

@bellinabambina when you get back in change the following information to prevent fraudelent porting . Your name on the account could be anything ie Minnie Mouse. Just make sure that you have a record of it. And since someone else has been there. Your secret question and the answer to it. Stay safe.  

bellinabambina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried that.  Says account disabled/email address not found.  Ugh.

I am waiting to hear back from a moderator.  Thanks for trying.  Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bellinabambina 

If you can't access your self service account, you can try to reset your password.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

IF that does not work, you will need to contact moderator again to gain access to your account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.