cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled

PNeilson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone has been working nornallly, and my account payment is up to date, but today I dont have any phone service. I tried to log into my Public account and it has been disabled. Please help! 

9 REPLIES 9

But what do they grain? Many accounts don't have cc associated with them, they can't make long distance calls. Even for banking it's not that easy it's only one of two steps and probably wouldn't get too far with the customer service. Another thing is unless you do it when people are sleeping most people would realise something is wrong with the service.

Really what do they gain?

@kselmakCrooks tend to target long weekends becaue most account staff goes on holiday. it doesn't take much to port a number that's a problem, not to mention people tend to be lax about their personal security. Lastly Public Mobile is a perfect target because by the time the moderators get to this, the cooks are already long gone.

PNeilson

At the end of September

PNeilson

Thank you for your advice. It's my daughter's phone and she has gone to work now so we'll have to try what you suggested when she gets home. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PNeilson wrote:

My phone has been working nornallly, and my account payment is up to date, but today I dont have any phone service. I tried to log into my Public account and it has been disabled. Please help! 

@PNeilson  As others have mentioned call your number from another phone. If someone picks up the phone then you have been sim-jacked. Take action immediately by following the detailed instructions provided in an earlier post above.

@GinYVR 

I really hope that didn't happen

But it is strange!!!!

What is going on here?

There has been so many people saying they needed access to their account as they never use web but do 611 and now it's not working. And that gets followed by people being logged out of their accounts, not long ago somebody managed to call himself and got to talk for couple of seconds to the person who stole his account.

This is strange, I really hope that didn't happen here

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

When is your renewal date?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@PNeilsonYou might have got SIM jacked, if the account has been disabled but you are very sure you have typed in your password.. Can you dial 611 via your phone? Swap the SIM card and does the SIM work in another phone (to rule out hardware). Call your own number, can you get your own voicemail or someone else answer the phone?

If you indeed are sure you have been SIMjacked. I add it here because time is in the essence.. things are closing for long weekend.

1.Get a backup SIM card and activate an account, so at least you have phone service.

2.Change all the passwords that use your phone account as authentication. There are usually a backup method.

3.Once passwords have been changed contact the moderators. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

4.Report the incident here: http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/reportincident-signalerincident/index-eng.htm

GR
Mayor / Maire

Did you log in and it says disabled or do you mean you can't log in? 

Need Help? Let's chat.