cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled

tcsingh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, My account is disabled because I ported out to Koodo. But I need to get a another number. Can someone enable my account please?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tcsingh wrote:

I think I wasn't clear, I want to get new number with PM and would like to keep my previous account instead of creating with new email address. 

@tcsingh I think I wasn't clear:  this is not possible.  Sorry, don't shoot the messenger, but this is how porting works.  To get a new number with Public Mobile you will need to purchase a new SIM card and activate it with a brand new acocunt.  There are tricks for getting around the email limitation, at least if you have a gmail account:  put a "." in your username part.  So if you're usually billsmith@gmail.com, use bill.smith@gmail.com as your new account email address.  Any emails sent to that will still be delivered to billsmith@gmail.com.  Try a quick test email to yourself to see it in action.  b.illsmith@gmail.com, billsm.ith@gmail.com also work, etc. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tcsingh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think I wasn't clear, I want to get new number with PM and would like to keep my previous account instead of creating with new email address. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you need another number, you can change phone number with Koodo. You cannot do anything with PM.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tcsingh wrote:

Hello, My account is disabled because I ported out to Koodo. But I need to get a another number. Can someone enable my account please?

Thanks 

@tcsingh unfortunately, no.  This is how porting works.  When you port your number out to another provider, it automatically closes your account permanently.  You cannot have it re-enabled or keep it.  It works this way at all providers in Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.