Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled and no phone service

ChrisJo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Community,

I have a serious issue with my account.

I can`t login into my account and it says "Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

My phone has network but it also does not connect. No data/sms/calls working.

I contacted the support and they came back with this awkward message:

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile. I’ll be glad to assist you about your phone service and account access concern.

Your account has been locked for security reason and the department is requesting you to submit a form of $35 CERTIFIED CHEQUE or MONEY ORDER (No other payment method will be accepted), Payable to Public Mobile, they must mail it to 320 Bayfield St Suite 201 Barrie, ON L4M 3C1.

For all other inquiries, we invite you to also visit our community, a place to share ideas, find answers to your questions and earn rewards.

Could you please check what happened to my account??

It´s all paid until mid april and I totally don´t understand what happens here.

Thanks,

Chris

47 REPLIES 47

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SameProblem

There is no call centre to phone for help.  PM only has online support.  The best way to obtain assistance is by sending a private message to a moderator with your details, including phone number or account number.  How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Also, since private messaging is the moderators' preferred method of communication, I recommend you turn on e-mail notifications for receipt of private messages in your community account.  To do this, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Private Messenger.  There is a checkbox next to "Receive email notifications for new private messages" which you can toggle on/off.  Be sure to click save after making the change.

SameProblem
I'm having the same issue.. But nothing is getting resolved thus far... By chance do you have a contact number.. As I'm not always around Wi-Fi to get messages/ emails.

How long did this take to get resolved.

Thanks...
SameProblem

SameProblem
So how did you get this resolved.. I too had the same thing .. my account is also up to date.

I can't even find a contact number to even talk with anyone.. Its now been over 24 hours...

Please let me know.who to get my phone back.on service?

daiski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @xiaoxd @ChrisJo, just curious how your issues were resolved.  I was in similar situation (locked account, mail certified cheque, security issue) and my account has been suspended for more than a week now without any resolution.  

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @xiaoxd,

thank you for raising concern with us!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been locked out of your account. Since you've been unable to reset your password, I could help do it for you 🙂 All you have to do is send me your phone number via private message!

Let's keep the conversation going,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@xiaoxd, you will get better results in service if you private message the mods.  I see you have tagged Mary and you can easily private message her by clicking on her name then on the right side of the page there is send a message.  Click on that and provide her with your phone number, email, SIM card and that way they can get started on searching out what is the problem with your account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

xiaoxd

Hi Mary @Mary_M 

Unfortunately I met the same question as well. When I tried to login to my,the following message appeared:

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 11.06.20 AM.png

When I clicked "Forgot your password?" then entered my email address associated with my account, the following message appeared:

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 11.08.03 AM.png

I cannot make a phone call/text/use internet on my cell phone now, and that is pretty upset. Please help. Thanks.

ChrisJo

@SD08

According to Mary the investigation came up to suspicious activity, no further clarification on that. As I did not make any payments or any fraud activity I dit not understand it.

Then Mary investigated and they could not find any CC payments, which raised the question: why was myaccount locked? Answer was: It was simply human error.  

But now it workds, thanks Mary. Hope nobidy gets this strange error again.

Chris

SD08

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey everyone, 

just an update - this was not a scam! Simply a mix up in the back-end that has been resolved 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

Thanks for the update, @Mary_M

Good to know it was just an error rather than a scam.  Smiley Happy

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone, 

just an update - this was not a scam! Simply a mix up in the back-end that has been resolved 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

SD08

@ChrisJo wrote:

I have a serious issue with my account.

I can`t login into my account and it says "Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

My phone has network but it also does not connect. No data/sms/calls working.

This definitely looks like a scam. What I'd like to know is, how did the scammers manage to get the OP's phone disconnected and also lock him out of his account? To say the least, that's concerning to think that anyone could just do that.

@ChrisJo when you contact the moderators, maybe you could get more details from them on how it happened?

Anyone here have ideas on how that would happen?  My only theory is, they did a fake number port.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ChrisJo No doubt in my mind that is a scam; feel free to report it to the police. 

Suggest you turn on email notification of private messages so you do not miss the deadline for resetting your account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Which support you contacted??  Who exactly did you talk to (or which link)?

imm1304

Hey @ChrisJo,

Just make sure to include your public mobile phone number in your private message to the moderator.  You will have a response sometime after 9am tomorrow.  

Please elaborate some more on how you contacted support.  Its very fishy to say the least that PM would ask for money to unlock your account that was locked for security reasons.  If you are locked out of selfserve, a simply password reset request is sufficient.. and a temp password gets emailed to you.  Also, PM accepts credit cards, visa debit, and PM Vouchers.  PM does not accept payment in the form of money orders as far as I can tell.  

EDIT:  Forgot to comment on the mailing address in Barrie.  PM headquarters are in downtown Toronto and they have satelie offices in Montreal and Vancouver(?).  Payment, shipping of sim card etc seems to all go through the Toronto office.  Official mailing address is also for Toronto.  So, this address in Barrie for Everest College (thanks @will13am) is obviously fake.  

ChrisJo

Thank you @ShawnC13 @will13am, I also think it`s very strange.

I  contacted a moderator now, hope she comes back tomorrow morning.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ChrisJo, that is a strange issue.  I haven't heard of anyone etting a message like that before.  Unfortunately there isnot a mod on at this time and you will have to contact one in the morning.  maybe one of the oracles have seen a situation like this before.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This all looks pretty fishy.  A google search of the address shows that Everest College is located there.

http://www.careercolleges.ca/everest_college/ontario_01_barrie.htm

Anyway, why don't you send a private message to a moderator and have one of them investigate your account issues.  Here's all the details on contacting a moderator.  Good luck.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Need Help? Let's chat.