cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account and activation fail

myraus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to Public coming over from Wind. Now I have a lot better signal and I shouldn't drop calls even while still in the city.

Anyways I'd like to explain the problem I'm having. I have my own number and phone, and I also have one for my son which I look after. I just changed over mine this morning, everything works, I've got a great signal and I can login into Self Serve and check my account details. We both have Samsung Galaxy S4's which are unlocked.

Now the problem is when I went to change my son's phone over. I setup his account in Self Serve, went through all the steps, and the payment went through my account but his phone in inoperable. Meaning, won't accept calls or texts. When I check his phone for texts it says 611 and go to Self Serve to add texting to your plan. Also when he tries to phone me, it says go to Self SErve to add talk to your plan.

I checked off all the same features on his plan as mine, and the payment went through my card as I have verified it with my bank. And I can't login to his Self Serve account. Comes up invalid.

Anyone have any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

irisxiaolu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Pizzaeh Thanks for pointing out the detail! Was not even paying attention. 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@irisxiaolu and @geopublic , note the original post by @myraus is from 2016.  

@julia1984's post is the most recent post/issue.

irisxiaolu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@myraus wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to Public coming over from Wind. Now I have a lot better signal and I shouldn't drop calls even while still in the city.

Anyways I'd like to explain the problem I'm having. I have my own number and phone, and I also have one for my son which I look after. I just changed over mine this morning, everything works, I've got a great signal and I can login into Self Serve and check my account details. We both have Samsung Galaxy S4's which are unlocked.

Now the problem is when I went to change my son's phone over. I setup his account in Self Serve, went through all the steps, and the payment went through my account but his phone in inoperable. Meaning, won't accept calls or texts. When I check his phone for texts it says 611 and go to Self Serve to add texting to your plan. Also when he tries to phone me, it says go to Self SErve to add talk to your plan.

I checked off all the same features on his plan as mine, and the payment went through my card as I have verified it with my bank. And I can't login to his Self Serve account. Comes up invalid.

Anyone have any ideas?

@myraus Was your son's plan with Wind as well or other company?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@myraus wrote:

Hello everyone,

@myraus  Welcome to Public Mobile Smiley Happy

Great!!

@myrausSound like there is something wrong with how that account was activated/provisioned. The best thing to do is click here to notify the Public Mobile Team of the problem. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Note: Due to the high volume of requests please be patient, it might take a while to get a response.

@myraus  When you setup your son's account I'm assuming that you used a different email address correct? Sometimes if you can't login into selfserve you need to empty the cache from the browser or use incognito mode. If you have another browser installed try using that to see if it solves the login issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hope this helps.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@julia1984 wrote:

A big problem!  Yesterday I purchased the $15 plan at Presidents Choice with 100 minutes talk plus unlimted text and 250 mg of data.  At the store and last evening the plan worked.  Today when I call I received a recording telling me I have only text and must to an add-on to talk.  Yet when I go into my account I have talk - 100 minutes!!!  

Very, very annoying.  I went back to the store where they told me there was nothing they could do.  I checked by visa account and the right amount is indicated as paid $17.25!

This is nuts!!!  The account says all is fine and paid up but the voice on my phone tells me differently.

What's up???

And what do I do next other than call a lawyer?

There are others experiencing similar issues under that plan.  You should send a message to the moderators.  To send a private message to the moderators click here.  Response time is within 48 hours. 

Moderator hours:

Weekdays 8am to 12am (Eastern time), Weekends 8am to 10pm (Eastern time)

P.S. This thread is old, and the title doesn't reflect the issue you're having.

julia1984

A big problem!  Yesterday I purchased the $15 plan at Presidents Choice with 100 minutes talk plus unlimted text and 250 mg of data.  At the store and last evening the plan worked.  Today when I call I received a recording telling me I have only text and must to an add-on to talk.  Yet when I go into my account I have talk - 100 minutes!!!  

Very, very annoying.  I went back to the store where they told me there was nothing they could do.  I checked by visa account and the right amount is indicated as paid $17.25!

This is nuts!!!  The account says all is fine and paid up but the voice on my phone tells me differently.

What's up???

And what do I do next other than call a lawyer?

myraus

Did I put this question in the wrong forum?

Need Help? Let's chat.