Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Status: Inactive/Inactif

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Ok this is a new one to me

I got a text about a friend leaving Public Mobile so rewards are less etc

So I logged into the account that "left" and it shows payment for $120 was processed on Dec 28 2017, but account status shows as Account Status: Inactive/Inactif and there is no info posted in account (eg no plan, no rewards etc)

I have always been under impression that a payment failure results in account going Expired (not Inactive) and that a port would close account instantly

So question becomes what does Inactive mean?

14 REPLIES 14

bigmouth2015
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yes it is the 2nd case.  the phone was purchased unlocked.  But due to unintentional non-payments of plan, the phone was locked!  Would it ever get unlocked?  If phone number is lost it's ok.  But it would be nice if phone can be unlocked after account is closed/deactivated (after 3 months?)?

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

@

After 3 months of inactive account, would your phone continue to be locked by PM? Does PM actually locks your phone to its network after you sign up?

Thanks

@bigmouth2015

There are a couple of different terms that seems to need clarification?

Locking the phone to the network was happening to phones purchased by your carrier, up to December 1/ 2017 when regulations changed. It means that the phone can only used with that particular carrier. If you want to use a locked phone on a different network you need to get the unlock code from the original  provider.

Public Mobile does not lock your phone to the network. however there are phones out there that are sold unlocked but lock themselves to the first SIM inserted (some Samsung phones spring to mind) in that case you'd need the carrier or the manufacturer to provide the unlock code.

A suspended account is an account that doesn't have any active features for you to use due to non-payment of your plan cost at renewal time. If an account has been suspended for more than 90 days it will be deactivated, you can't access it anymore and your number is lost.

If you want to move your number from Public Mobile to another provider (= port out) your account needs to be active (as in: you are able to call, text and/or use data, depending on your plan) in order to do so.

bigmouth2015
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001c wrote:

@youbme no, port instantly closes account no login possible

@youbme wrote:

I believe that inactive is the status for accounts that have been either ported out to another provider or left beyond expiry. Accounts can be inactive for 90 days before they are completely gone, so I suspect that is what has happened, but I am not certain.

After 3 months of inactive account, would your phone continue to be locked by PM? Does PM actually locks your phone to its network after you sign up?

Thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

*Update part 2*

hey hey

SARAY is the mod who finished fixing account

Is this the old Saray come back to us? Cat Wink

@Saray_O

@kav2001c nice find!!!  @CS_Agent is Saray back in your ranks?  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Happy to hear it was resolved! I had the same issue when I ported out of Virgin mobile to PM several years ago, I was surprised to still be able to login to my VM account even though it was inactive.

*Update part 2*

hey hey

SARAY is the mod who finished fixing account

Is this the old Saray come back to us? Cat Wink

@Saray_O

*UPDATE*

@youbme was correct the system error was due to a port out

Mods confirmed account will be correctly closed now

Thanks @Mary_M

@Mary_M I was more curious what status message meant (Inactive?) but I attached the screen shots below & PM you the private info (name & number which I censored from this post)

It shows payment was processed but day after payment was taken I got the txt message from Public about account supposedly being cancelled (which you can see it was not)

publicA1.jpg

publicA2.jpg

youbme

@kav2001c wrote:

@youbme wrote:

I believe that inactive is the status for accounts that have been either ported out to another provider or left beyond expiry. Accounts can be inactive for 90 days before they are completely gone, so I suspect that is what has happened, but I am not certain.

Thank you for clarifying!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kav2001c,

thank you for letting us know - I'll report this asap and have someone look into it!

Can you confirm if all of your services are active ?

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@youbme wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds like a new bug.  

youbme

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Maybe its a new years bug.  Great way to start the year.

I think you know what to do. Message mods and wait. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.