cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Password Conflict

davethewave
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife recently tried to sign up for a Public Mobile account. She's been with Virgin for the past several years. She didn't realize that she had previously (2018) set up an account. So she went to set up a public mobile account using her email and phone number and managed to access the old account, without having to provide a password. She then decided to update the password to her account, after which she was unable to log into public mobile using the main, standard login page. The page says email/password not recognized. The only way she can access her account is with a forgot email link that was sent to her email. It seems as though her attempt to start a new account conflicted with her old, de-activated account, and now the standard login doesn't work. This is the only way she can access her account. She was able to order a SIM card using her account, but has yet to set up a plan. The link to the page shown below was sent to her when she typed in a forgot email request. So the only way she can access her account is through an email she received from public mobile that has the link to this page. Log in screen.png

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@davethewave  - there are THREE types of ACCOUNTS with Public Mobile:

1. Self Serve, access to your phone account. Public Mobile SIM/account needed.
  2. Community, where you are "davethewave". Public Mobile SIM/account NOT needed.
  3. Buying a SIM or Phone. Public Mobile SIM/account NOT needed.
    • Try not logging in and enter your email with the rest of the info.

This purchasing process is not connected to your Community Account or your Self Serve Account.

OR

• Continue as Guest.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

PM is using one email one account (Phone number).   

If you don't mind you can use a different email address.

Another way is to use alias.  If you are using a Gmail account, eg. abcdefg   AT  gmal.com  You can setup a new PM account as abcd.efg  AT  gmail.com (in other word, add a DOT somewhere for your email) .  PM would consider that as a different email address but you will get all the email from PM on the same Gmail inbox.

(sorry, I have to use AT for @ in the email address... for some reason, the system not let me to type an email address like that) 

If you really want to use your current email address (which was linked to an deactivated account), you might need to contact Mod (could other member advise if Mod would help doing this??)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davethewave : The ordering a SIM "account" has no relation to the self-serve or community.

If the self-serve account was from 2018 and not kept up then it's long since dead. It might complain about re-using an email address but I thought was changed somewhat recently.

Edit: sent you an unrelated private message...(not a referral code 🙂 )

Need Help? Let's chat.