cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Not Accessible, then Deleted

swingdummy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I had signed up for Public Mobile last year. I had left the country temporarily but still continued paying for the minimum $10 plan to keep my phone number going. I did this successfully for about 9 months. 2 days before I needed to renew again, I tried to login, but the website wouldn’t allow me to. I tried several times throughout those last 2 days, but every time I entered my username and password, the site would not allow me to proceed. There were no warnings, or alerts, or alarms. The password dialog box would go blank and the website wouldn’t proceed. However, a day after my plan expired, when inputting my username and password, an alert came up saying that my account couldn’t be found. So, I actually paid for 9 months to keep my number, only to have my account deleted or nullified. That’s sad because I just returned to Canada and had to buy another sim. Does anyone know what happened?

9 REPLIES 9

swingdummy

I think your comments are the most helpful. Yes, I was renewing every 90 days. I was especially concerned with renewing on time, in fact I usually renewed several days before, but this time I left it until only 2 days before. Why I couldn’t access my account could have been from a bunch of reasons, but without creating a time machine and speaking with a moderator, I will never be able to find out that reason. Lesson learned: 1) renew earlier to avoid any potential problems and 2) don’t give up and assume a company has gone bankrupt. Try and find out why there are problems and then rectify them. 

@swingdummy Were you paying every 30 days or just every 90 days? The latter is obviously more risky when leaving reactivation to the last day. If your account was terminated within the last few days, the moderators may be able to assist you. They are the last port of call for any issue we members cannot resolve.

The 90 day "rule" removes your phone number from your account for re-issue to someone else; as far as I can tell all providers have some rule that recycles unused phone numbers. PM also effectively deletes your account and prevents re-use of your email address.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@swingdummy You can click on ? on bottom right of the page to create a ticket with moderators, so that they could help you to figure out your situation. Hope for the best.

@swingdummy wrote:

The SIM card was stored in my wallet and not in my phone. I tried phoning my PM number using a local phone while out of the country and my voicemail came up, and I could even access my voicemails (one of the reasons I kept my account going). I didn’t dial 611 while out of the country because, again, my sim wasn’t in my phone and, if I did insert it, I wouldn’t have wanted to run the risk of crazy service charges.

@swingdummy  In the future if that happens just call 1-844-5PUBLIC enter your phone number and follow the prompts to access 611.

swingdummy

The SIM card was stored in my wallet and not in my phone. I tried phoning my PM number using a local phone while out of the country and my voicemail came up, and I could even access my voicemails (one of the reasons I kept my account going). I didn’t dial 611 while out of the country because, again, my sim wasn’t in my phone and, if I did insert it, I wouldn’t have wanted to run the risk of crazy service charges.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@swingdummy 

With the SIM in your phone and phone on...what response do you get when dialing 611?

It's possible your phone is not connecting to Public Mobile after being out of country so you need to manually scan for and find and connect to Public Mobile.

This will tell you where your account is at...active, suspended, deactivated.

swingdummy

I understand that, but I had been accessing my account and paying for the plan for the prior 9 months. I had entered the last day of my then current plan in my calendar and then tried to access my account 2 days before that expiry date. Public Mobile would not allow me to access my account to pay for the next plan. I personally thought that Public Mobile has gone out of business or something happened to their site that didn’t allow access to accounts at the time. Therefore, the 90 days of suspension rule shouldn’t have applied since nothing happens during the first 9 months of continuing to pay for a plan. Any further ideas/suggestions?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@swingdummy , if your account goes into suspension for 90 days, it gets deactivated.  Otherwise you would still be able to revive the suspended account.  If this is the case, you will need to buy a SIM card and start from the beginning to obtain service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.