cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Email Update

asbuet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently switched from Telus to Public mobile. While signin up with Public mobile, I used an email address that is different from the one I had with Telus.

Now, after my phone is switched over to Public, I want to change the email I have with Public mobile system. Is there a way to change the email address? Do I need to create a new account with my existing sim or there is some other way for this?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

mverl456
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your help!  Great idea

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez. Do we have to test all assumptions and wordings *everywhere* to make sure they're actually saying the right thing and/or to find where all the holes are?

Why bother saying anything at all when it's not actually correct? I don't get it.

Let's just say I'm wired to question/doubt everything and view the world pessimistically, and I feel compelled to test/validate things ... my day job is a QA/Test Engineer.

Works great for my job... not so much for my marriage former marriage. Smiley LOL

@CalgaryBen, thanks for asking... I'll test it now, to see what happens.

I'm still going with the 'my email is not too long for the input box, but the database record column isn't large enough' to accept it idea.

Testing commencing in 10, 9, 8, ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @CalgaryBen.

Jeez. Do we have to test all assumptions and wordings *everywhere* to make sure they're actually saying the right thing and/or to find where all the holes are?

Why bother saying anything at all when it's not actually correct? I don't get it.

asbuet

Thanks, that worked 🙂

CalgaryBen

@asbuet I can totally understand the confusion, especially since, when you go My Profile -> Change Username, right there on the page, it states "Please note that changing your Username will not change the email address on your profile."!  You'd think you can trust this, right?!  But this is completely false!

In actuality, if you change it, and then click Overview, you'll see the e-mail gets updated in the "My Profile" panel (immediately to the right of the Account Status panel) to the new e-mail.

The next time you log into the Self-Serve portal, you'll need to do so with the new/updated e-mail as your username.

Furthermore, if you use the "Forgot your password?" tool, and specify your new e-mail, and then correctly answer the security question that follows, the system should e-mail you at your updated e-mail address with the password reset URL.  I've just tested this entire process to prove that this statement is accurate/true, and indeed this is how it's working for me.

@stonechucker wrote:

All I know about the email system is when I test the 'forgot password' to sign in to Self-Serve, PM Never sends me an email.  I should have started counting days from when I noticed it...  

Is this still the case for you?  I just tested it and it works as it should, and even sends to an updated e-mail after I've changed it.  Maybe it got caught in your spam filter?  It did take about 45-60 seconds for me to receive, whereas I'm usually expecting immediately delivery...

(Aside, thinking out loud: Oh, what a security vulnerability all this could pose... after doing these tests, it's revealed how easy it'd be for me to walk up to a co-worker's computer when he steps away, access/change his PM account without him even knowing, and then taking control... Smiley Frustrated)

All I know about the email system is when I test the 'forgot password' to sign in to Self-Serve, PM Never sends me an email.  I should have started counting days from when I noticed it...  

CalgaryBen

@asbuet wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. That will only change the username I think, not the actual email address where they will send any notification.

What @ColdWinters suggested is correct.  The username is the e-mail address they use, which is extremely rare (the only e-mail I've ever received from PM is the first Activation Details / Welcome message).  All subsequent messages from PM tend to be via SMS (from shortcode 100, 611, 5129/5130/5131/5132).

If you need to use the "Forgot your password?" reset tool, it will use/reference the e-mail/username set for your account, which is one and the same.

asbuet

Thanks. I already sent message to the mods. My previous reply was to the other person who suggested updating username. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wonder_why wrote:

Try private message to MOD

No try. Do. 🙂

That's the only way to change the signed-up, now-set, internal email address.

asbuet

Thanks for the suggestion. That will only change the username I think, not the actual email address where they will send any notification.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try private message to MOD

ColdWinters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Under My Account.

Click "My Profile"

Then click the tab "Change Username"

Need Help? Let's chat.