cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Disabled / No Phone Service

MrGG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Late last night I noticed my phone did not have a cellular signal. I went to bed assuming that it was a glitch, and would be back to normal this morning.

I still do not have celluar service. I get this message: "No Service. Selected network (Public Mobile) unavailable"

I just tried to log into my self-serve account, where I was given a message saying that my account has been disabled. Specifically, this message: "Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

How can I figure out why my login has been disabled, and why I don't have service? As far as I know I am up-to-date on payments, and don't do anything to tax the network, etc. I have not been contacted by anybody from Public Mobile to let me know of any issues, I've just been arbitrarily cut off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

16 REPLIES 16

nuhsga

same thing happened to me. I contacted a modulator as advised and they didnt help either. i have been without a phone for 4 days. really not impressed with public mobile-

@leequeIt will be easier and faster to write your message here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

and write your question ...you will have help from the community.

@leeque wrote:

I noticed my phone / text service out as well... not sure when... but still out at this point

@leequeAre you able to log in to self serve? What does your account overview show, is it active?

leeque
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I noticed my phone / text service out as well... not sure when... but still out at this point

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@MrGG While awaiting for your account to be resuscitated, you could make calls with an application like that from fongo.com (or Hangouts). It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@MrGG wrote:

Yep, just tried it in a different phone and the other phone had the same problem. It can join the network but it has no service.

@MrGG wrote:

Thanks, just sent the mod team a message.

@MrGGLooks like you're going to have to wait for the mods, sorry we couldn't be of more help.

MrGG

Yep, just tried it in a different phone and the other phone had the same problem. It can join the network but it has no service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message To

customer support teams (Moderators)>> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

@MrGG wrote:

Yep, not on the blacklist.

@MrGGSo when you go to network settings, set it to manual network search, choose public mobile it says service unavailable?

Do you have another phone to try your sim card in?

MrGG

Yep, not on the blacklist.

@MrGG wrote:

I should have been clearer, it can see the Public Mobile network, but it shows the service as unavailable, can't make or receive calls, and my phone shows "Emergency Calls Only."

Rebooting, reseating the SIM, etc, doesn't have any effect.

@MrGGDid you check the blacklist? It's always worth checking no matter how unlikely. 

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MrGG wrote:

I should have been clearer, it can see the Public Mobile network, but it shows the service as unavailable, can't make or receive calls, and my phone shows "Emergency Calls Only."

@MrGGYou may be experiencing 2 problems at the same time. When was the last time you could log into self serve, is it possible the login was disabled long ago, but you just have a network issue now?

MrGG

I am on auto-pay, yes.

And I was able to log in about a week ago.

MrGG

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MrGG wrote:

Late last night I noticed my phone did not have a cellular signal. I went to bed assuming that it was a glitch, and would be back to normal this morning.

I still do not have celluar service. I get this message: "No Service. Selected network (Public Mobile) unavailable"

I just tried to log into my self-serve account, where I was given a message saying that my account has been disabled. Specifically, this message: "Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

How can I figure out why my login has been disabled, and why I don't have service? As far as I know I am up-to-date on payments, and don't do anything to tax the network, etc. I have not been contacted by anybody from Public Mobile to let me know of any issues, I've just been arbitrarily cut off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If your phone service is not working and can't log into your account, you should message the moderator team asap Click this to message them.  They will reply with a unique link to a secure online form where you will need to verify your identity as the account owner. After you’ve provided the verification please reply to the existing private message thread with the moderator. Read more about it here [ Learn about contacting our support team ]

When was the last time you could log into your account and are you on autopay?

After sending that message, see if there is something wrong with your phone. It may be 2 seperate issues. You should still be able to connect to the network but get an error when trying to use calling. Try removing your sim card and rebooting, then putting the sim back in.

Need Help? Let's chat.