cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally changed my number

martinjacob01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi all,

Just signed up with Public Mobile earlier this week and everything has been great so far!

Early this morning I was browsing the site to see what features/ options I had as a customer on the site and I noticed there was a change number feature.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on it which eventually ended up me accidentally changing my number (there was no real warning message of some sort like "Are you SURE you want to change?").

I just told all my contacts my new number, changed my numbers for all my apps as well as banking/ other important sites earlier this week - I don't want to spend the hours doing it again Smiley Sad

I can't seem to change my number to what it was before (not giving me the option to customize my number), does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@martinjacob01 wrote:

No. I have contacted the moderator team. They helped me to bring back my old number 

Congrats! This is a good news you wanted to hear. 

martinjacob01

No. I have contacted the moderator team. They helped me to bring back my old number 

@will13am wrote:

Every account is only allowed one number change per 30 day cycle.  There is no getting around this, not even through the moderators.  In this particular case, I would ask the moderators to see if the lost number is sitting in the bin of unused numbers and have them hold it for 30 days.  They can then re-add it to the account. 

Thanks good to know.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Every account is only allowed one number change per 30 day cycle.  There is no getting around this, not even through the moderators.  In this particular case, I would ask the moderators to see if the lost number is sitting in the bin of unused numbers and have them hold it for 30 days.  They can then re-add it to the account. 

Thanks, @cavemantoronto . I didn't know that.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

When you change your number, there is an option to choose your last four digits. 

I believe you have to click on one of the 5 numbers and it will show up at the bottom.

No options to do that. That only works when activating.

When you change your number, there is an option to choose your last four digits. 

I believe you have to click on one of the 5 numbers and it will show up at the bottom.

Do send a ticket to the mods but try this . Theoretically, it could work for you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@martinjacob01  Submit a ticket to PM ASAP snd include your old number and ask them if it's still available.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I suggest you click the ? in lower right side of the page to start process of moderator assistance.

@martinjacob01 wrote:

I am facing the same issue. I accidentally changed my phone number. I want to go to my old number. Please help me. Urgent

For any chance at getting your number back, you'll have to open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

martinjacob01

I am facing the same issue. I accidentally changed my phone number. I want to go to my old number. Please help me. Urgent

Need Help? Let's chat.