cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About payment

karen77happycat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there, I just paid a payment for $50/month Canada wide. But I checked my overview still not updated yet. Could you change it to the new plan now ? Thank you very much.

21 REPLIES 21

explaining this process is so...

@karen77happycat 

when you initially selected and applied the $50 plan what actually happened was the system added $50 to your account it did not apply the plan. PM runs on a two step process. you need to add funds first and then select the plan/addon and apply it. you've completed the first step with adding funds, now go back and select your $50 plan and choose 'change plan' immediately' it's to the bottom left of the plans page. 'change on next renewal' is to the right

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@karen77happycat On your self serve account, first page....does it show $40 plan or $50 plan?  Is it on the plan page that you don't see the update or on the data available on your phone?  Did you reboot your phone (shut it off, turn it back on).  Let us know if any suggestions mentioned here worked for you.

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Definitely delete this photo... It contains a lot of credit card information. 

@karen77happycat wrote:

I did 2 hours ago after I paid with MasterCard. But there’s still the old plan, not updated yet.

Hi @karen77happycat log in your self serve account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Does $50 show in AVAILABLE FUNDS?  If yes, you have to go back and change your plan again.  If no, then it was applied to your change of Plan.

Please log out your device.  Delete your browsing history and cache.  Use a different browser and go incognito mode.  Log back in.

I hope this helps

RosieR

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : What are you saying? This is not true. We can do immediate plan changes all we want. The moderators are needed for early renewing of the same plan.

yeah, you're right. just getting into posts from today and thought I missed some more updates or something. 🤣

I corrected my post.

@karen77happycat wrote:

I did 2 hours ago after I paid with MasterCard. But there’s still the old plan, not updated yet.

@karen77happycat  -

REBOOT your phone.

Go into airplane mode for a few minutes then back to regular mode.

@karen77happycat 

After you added the funds to change your plan did you select "change plan now"?

karen77happycat

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : What are you saying? This is not true. We can do immediate plan changes all we want. The moderators are needed for early renewing of the same plan.

@karen77happycat : So does you overview page still say $40 or $50. If $40 then as mentioned go back and change plan immediately to what you want. If it says $50 then there's a different problem. Restart your phone maybe for a start.

dlambro

@karen77happycat  Hi, you can make the changes yourself on the self serve site, see my message to you a few minutes ago, here is a copy

Log into your self serve account where you added the payment, then go to Plan and Add ons, then choose Change Plan, then go down to the very bottom and pick:

$50 for unlimited Canada-wide/U.S. minutes + 8GB data.  That will update your plan to the $50 plan you are asking for.

@karen77happycat wrote:

Yes, I used $40/month Canada wide before. My data was used over 95%. So now I’d like to change to $50/ month Canada wide immediately. Could you change it to $50/ month for me right now ? I’ve paid with MasterCard already.

@karen77happycat , only Public Mobile Moderators can do this change for you.

Sorry, thought this was something PM just changed (along with the other changes they recently made).

When I checked on my account, it did not give me that option...

But when I checked another account it did.

This is due to one account have the Available Funds and one did not.

Please disregard previous and just go ahead and CHANGE PLAN NOW.

🙂

rliu1993

you could change yourself on the account. choose change today not on renewal day.

karen77happycat

Yes, I used $40/month Canada wide before. My data was used over 95%. So now I’d like to change to $50/ month Canada wide immediately. Could you change it to $50/ month for me right now ? I’ve paid with MasterCard already.

7E328FF4-A53C-4B7B-8362-B4DC487AF0E5.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@karen77happycat 

Please note that you're dealing with other customers on this forum and not Public Mobile employees.  Be wary of supplying/posting any personal information - such as numbers on your payment card. 

Please review the following help article relating to what you are doing:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karen77happycat : Were you on a different plan before?

If you were on the same plan then you need to ask the moderators to do that for you. But keep in mind that there are no pro-rated refunds here when you do an early renewal or immediate plan change.

If you were on a different plan then make sure your My Plan still says so. If it still shows your old plan then go back to change plan and change to the new plan. Again no refunds.

You could also get data add-ons to hold you over until your renewal.

dlambro

@karen77happycat  Log into your self serve account where you added the payment, then go to Plan and Add ons, then choose Change Plan, then go down to the very bottom and pick

$50 for unlimited Canada-wide/U.S. minutes + 8GB data.  That will update your plan to the $50 plan you are asking for.

@karen77happycat wrote:

Hi there, I just want the new plan, $50/ month

Canada wide, effective right away. And I’ve already paid with MasterCard. Because my original plan data is almost gone. I need my data working immediately. Would you update my new plan right now ? Thank you very much. 

@karen77happycat 

Your are communicating with Community members who are customers just like you. 

To contact Public Mobile Representatives for specific account related issues, contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

karen77happycat

I’m already Public Mobile customer. Not new one. 

karen77happycat

Hi there, I just want the new plan, $50/ month

Canada wide, effective right away. And I’ve already paid with MasterCard. Because my original plan data is almost gone. I need my data working immediately. Would you update my new plan right now ? Thank you very much.

952A74DD-BBD4-46E9-9E7A-EF1E9CB0536F.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@karen77happycat 

Are you a new customer who has just activated with public mobile and waiting for service to function or are you an existing customer who is looking to change to a different plan?

If you made a change and you are waiting for it to take effect, sometimes rebooting your phone and/or removing and replacing SIM card helps prompt that along.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@karen77happycat : Adding money would only do anything if your account was suspended.

If you're wanting to renew your plan early then you need to contact the moderators.

You could use that $50 to change to another plan if you like but the remaining value on your existing will not be pro-rated...same as early renewal above.

You could also use that money to buy add-ons if that's what you're needing.

Need Help? Let's chat.