cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AM / PM

aschilha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can one see the Call and Text times under Data Usage with 24 hour time or at least AM / PM?

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious 

lol I got rid all AM/PM devices in my life, years ago, 2400 all the way! The whole AM/PM thing is legacy throwback, the antiquated practice of traditional timekeepers who are probably also metric system haters.

Although I personally call it "Eurotime" instead of "Military time", but whatever.

@aschilha 

Why don't you put this on the Community's Public Mobile Wishlist.....weve had a few wishes come true this week even. It sure would make the usage easier to understand. To help me follow it I have me phone on military time so when it gets confusing I can compare the two. Although convoluted having text messages and calls forwarded to voicemail in eastern time and live calls in local time (Pacific for me) makes easier to see the date changing over a three hour period thus alerting me to night time vs daytime.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Korth wrote:

Timestamp display format on a webform would be a trivial thing to change, and 2400 also wouldn't introduce any minor display issues from added text width. I'm honestly surprised PM doesn't already use uniformly 24-hour record keeping - since it operates (and has customers across) multiple timezones.

The billing computer knows the difference. The silly format in self serve is plain bad programming.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The phone itself likely has history, call logs, and timestamps on each item.

Self-Serve is based on automatically logged network usage, and it's not device-dependant, it'll be a better reference. But you could correlate the two record copies where needed to remove ambiguity.

Timestamp display format on a webform would be a trivial thing to change, and 2400 also wouldn't introduce any minor display issues from added text width. I'm honestly surprised PM doesn't already use uniformly 24-hour record keeping - since it operates (and has customers across) multiple timezones.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Only show 12 hour cycle no AM PM showing.

The way that Public shows it is confusing. 

@aschilha  The only way you'll know if you used your phone both in AM and PM. You'll know because recent usage is shown closer to the top and on earlier pages.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Only show 12 hour cycle no AM PM showing.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@aschilha wrote:

Can one see the Call and Text times under Data Usage with 24 hour time or at least AM / PM?

Hi @aschilha 

I have often wondered the same thing, but it seems to be what we see is what we get.

You can click on date/time and the list should come out sorted if that will help a bit.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aschilha 

I just checked my usage history also.  It does not show 24:00 or AM/PM.  I guess that it is the way PM displays usage.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@aschilha hi, yes it would be nice if it shows under 24hr time

Need Help? Let's chat.