cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT TOPPED UP: NO DATA 6 days NOW! PLEASE HELP!

Farhad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Public Mobile,

I have topped up my account automatically via credit card and I have no data, it has been 6 days now, I even paid again to leave an extra amount of money in my account and nothing has changed. I have done all troubleshooting on my iphone 6 and nothing has changed from that end either. I need a MOD/PM Customer Service to fix the problem. I paid for something that I cannot use.

And also, I am not sure if it is just me or other people are experiencing the same issue but when I try to contact public mobile direct without posting on the communitiy board, the page doesn't load??? I've tried 3 different browsers.

23 REPLIES 23

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Farhad wrote: 

My aplogies for wasting your time but the site doesn't show anything and I also got this account confused with another one I had which was working fine! Sorry about that.

Not really your fault - this is a flaw in the self-service portal that PM is apparently working on addressing.  

Farhad

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @Farhad

Thank you for sending the info, after taking a look at your account, I see that you have used up all of the data allowances for this billing cycle. 

You need to wait until March the 8th in order for your plan to renew. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

My aplogies for wasting your time but the site doesn't show anything and I also got this account confused with another one I had which was working fine! Sorry about that.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WearySky I hear ya!  @Saray_O did indicate about a week or so ago that PM is working on changing that.  I have no idea what the timeline might be, so we have to be patient for now while it continues to cause confusion.  Welcome to Public Mobile!  😉 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky

The lack of messaging in the self service portal to tell people that their data is all used up strikes again! *shakes fist angrily*

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Farhad

Thank you for sending the info, after taking a look at your account, I see that you have used up all of the data allowances for this billing cycle. 

You need to wait until March the 8th in order for your plan to renew. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Farhad

@WearySky wrote:

@Farhad wrote:

And also, I am not sure if it is just me or other people are experiencing the same issue but when I try to contact public mobile direct without posting on the communitiy board, the page doesn't load??? I've tried 3 different browsers.

What do you mean by "contact public mobile direct" - do you mean the "Contact Us" form?  IMO, if you've already got a forums account it's FAR better to send the mods a private message directly.  The "contact us" form seems to have significant issues at the moment.

Yes that is what I was talking about thanks!

Farhad

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @Farhad

I'm truly sorry to hear about this, 

I did receive your private message but you forgot to include your Public Mobile phone number or account number. 

In order to better assist you, can you please send me the missing information? 

Thanks,

Shazia

Hi Shazia,

I have sent the information you requested. Thank you.

Farhad

@Acekiller wrote:

This may sound stupid, but check your APN settings, and reboot your phone while you wait for the MODs.

Tried that no success.

Farhad

@will13am wrote:

If calling and texting still work, can it be that a phone setting was accidentally changed that is blocking data?  Check to make sure mobile data is enabled, the user set data usage limit has not been exceeded.  I had a friend who crippled her data connection this way.  She put the data limit at 4 gigs to even out the usage.  One month, usage exceeded 4 gigs and data stopped.  Anyway she's set the data limit a lot higher and put the warning at 4 gigs.

It's not that, I am not using any apps or iphone default settings to restrict data.

srlawren

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

@Acekiller not stupid at all, sometimes updates can mess with apn settings, and hard restarts sometimes are what you need.

@CaNuCk07 @Acekiller actually another thing to check at least on Android phones if if you've accidentally turned off mobile data.  I've done this a few times and it takes a little bit to realize what I've done.  If you tap on the mobile network icon in your quick settings pulldown, most Android phones toggle the mobile data on or off.  And it's fairly easy to tap on that by accident when you're trying to scroll or dismiss the notification/settings pane, for example.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hi. It meant either Emailing or sending a PM Mod a Private Message.

Rest assured, You are in great and soft hands, @Shazia_K will help get you back on your data, and with success

WearySky

@Farhad wrote:

What do you mean by "contact public mobile direct" - do you mean the "Contact Us" form?  IMO, if you've already got a forums account it's FAR better to send the mods a private message directly.  The "contact us" form seems to have significant issues at the moment.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Farhad

I'm truly sorry to hear about this, 

I did receive your private message but you forgot to include your Public Mobile phone number or account number. 

In order to better assist you, can you please send me the missing information? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@Acekiller not stupid at all, sometimes updates can mess with apn settings, and hard restarts sometimes are what you need.

Acekiller

This may sound stupid, but check your APN settings, and reboot your phone while you wait for the MODs.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If calling and texting still work, can it be that a phone setting was accidentally changed that is blocking data?  Check to make sure mobile data is enabled, the user set data usage limit has not been exceeded.  I had a friend who crippled her data connection this way.  She put the data limit at 4 gigs to even out the usage.  One month, usage exceeded 4 gigs and data stopped.  Anyway she's set the data limit a lot higher and put the warning at 4 gigs.

@Farhad  when you login to self serve do you still see Data listed?  Might ahve been a glitch and dropped it but if you have messaged Shazia no worries she will get you all fixed up

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Farhad

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @Farhad,

Include your public mobile phone number in the private message to the mods.  It will help them locate your account and speed up the time it takes to fix this.  I look forward to hearing that this was resolved today.  

I have PM'ed @Shazia_K just waiting for her response. I hope its resolved today.

imm1304

Hey @Farhad,

Include your public mobile phone number in the private message to the mods.  It will help them locate your account and speed up the time it takes to fix this.  I look forward to hearing that this was resolved today.  

Farhad

I will do that. Thanks

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

Best way to conctact a moderator is to tage them here @Shazia_K, or follow the below to send them a private message, which is probably the best way to get your problem resolved.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

I will do that, thanks!

Best way to conctact a moderator is to tage them here @Shazia_K, or follow the below to send them a private message, which is probably the best way to get your problem resolved.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Farhad

Calling and texting works. I just renewed my plan, I am on the $120 plan for 3 months. 12GB data.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@Farhad  As of right now there aren't any reported service outages.

Have you checked your usage to ensure you haven't used up all your data for the period?  Is your calling and texting working?

Need Help? Let's chat.