cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A "little" odd!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

So I'm not sure if PM is in the middle of some changes, but I just logged into my Account and was surprised to see that the overview page shows that I'm on the old discontinued $10 plan, which I have not been on for almost 2 years now, although curiously the overview page also states that payment for next cycle is $15.  I expect this will get corrected to show my correct plan sometime soon but just found it rather odd and wondered if anyone else had seen something similar today or recently?

Just to verify that I was logged into the correct account as there are two household accounts which are on the old $10 plan, I clicked on the plan details to see what tel. no. these details applied to and was able to confirm that it was the correct number but wrong details.  Here's a screenshot of the incorrect plan for my account:

dabr_2-1609710508171.png

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Happy New Year @RobertQc

@AnonymousHappy new years!

I'm surprised the phone-serve and voicemail lines aren't locked down.

Customers should not have the option to disable the PIN.

Customers should have the option (voicemail settings) to only permit voicemail access dialed from their own number.

I'm surprised the Self-Serve portal isn't properly secured.

One-time encryption and page expiry is pretty routine stuff these days, webservers which process financial transactions should always default to https.

No wonder things like account thefts, SIM swaps, and stolen numbers are so common.

Hi @Jb456 

The 1-855 number is something I spoke with Public Mobile's Privacy Office about, while discussing another matter.

The individual seemed surprised this information could be provided as easily as it could without the need of a PIN code or something similar.

That was about 2 months ago...  

@computergeek541  all of PM is a "potential privacy issue" lol.

Just call 1855-4Public from any phone number and enter anyone's PM number and you can hear info about their account.

Not to mention a long time ago I posted to on the forums to Alan and Tiana and the thread magically disappeared very quickly. (Regarding the 855 #)

Guess PM likes to hide things rather than address them.

Edit - forgot to mention people that turned off password for voicemail. Just call the voicemail number from any other number enter their number and listen to their voicemail

@dabr wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@dabr  just checked a few accounts I have (or monitor) nothing like what you are experiencing. 

However.

If the other accounts have been logged into on your computer, phone or whatever you use. It might be possible that an old cookie/cache is causing it to display like that on your account. 

Do you get the same results using a incognito browser? Or simply clearing internet history cookie/cache?

@Jb456   I had actually thought it might connected to the cookies/cache too as I had logged into the other account first, but I've done this many times before without ever seeing the wrong plans being shown on the overview pages before.  Also I'm already using incognito mode on the browser, but I'm inclined to agree with you that some of the cookies history didn't clear properly.

I've seen this and many strange things on the self serve site before, things such as another account's balance showing up or even the account showing the rewards for the wrong account. Yes, the the incorrect information was from an account I was just logged into, but that doesn't eman that this isn't still a potential privacy issue.

@RobertQc    Yeah, I've come to expect the "unexpected" over the last 2+ years with PM 😊  and know that eventually it'll sort itself out with or without moderators' help..

So I just retried with a fresh browser and everything is back to normal, for now anyhow!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Happy New Year @RobertQc

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Mine randomly shows a blank plan 2-3 times per week since I signed up 3 years ago. But never the wrong plan. That's a new one.

fail.png

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@dabr  just checked a few accounts I have (or monitor) nothing like what you are experiencing. 

However.

If the other accounts have been logged into on your computer, phone or whatever you use. It might be possible that an old cookie/cache is causing it to display like that on your account. 

Do you get the same results using a incognito browser? Or simply clearing internet history cookie/cache?

@Jb456   I had actually thought it might connected to the cookies/cache too as I had logged into the other account first, but I've done this many times before without ever seeing the wrong plans being shown on the overview pages before.  Also I'm already using incognito mode on the browser, but I'm inclined to agree with you that some of the cookies history didn't clear properly.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

However.

Need Help? Let's chat.