cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*611 no PIN.

GusP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why when I call the Public Mobile 611 number from a different phone it dosen't ask for a PIN to get into my account ? It looks like i am able to make charges from my card without a PIN. Is there a setting to make a PIN required ? 

7 REPLIES 7

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous Yeah I figured it hasn't been fixed. 

I have no idea why they don't want to just put a PIN on it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

Has anyone made a payment via 611 from another phoen recently ? I am curious if they fixed it and if it requires a PIN now.

There is still no entry password...just the phone number. You can try it yourself. I went up to but not including pressing 1 to confirm.

BearFBI

Has anyone made a payment via 611 from another phoen recently ? I am curious if they fixed it and if it requires a PIN now.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@GusP wrote:

@RossN No i havent but when selecting the option to make a payment with my CC, then select from a list of options it dosent ask for a PIN. I havent actualy clicked one of the deposit options so i am not sure if it asks for a PIN then. I just thought it would ask for a PIN right after it asks for your 10 digit Public Mobile number.

@GusP yea it's hard to say at what point they ask for the pin I know I have done it before but it was awhile back I don't remember what i did yesterday sometimes so I can't say for sure lol

GusP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@RossN No i havent but when selecting the option to make a payment with my CC, then select from a list of options it dosent ask for a PIN. I havent actualy clicked one of the deposit options so i am not sure if it asks for a PIN then. I just thought it would ask for a PIN right after it asks for your 10 digit Public Mobile number.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@GusP wrote:

Why when I call the Public Mobile 611 number from a different phone it dosen't ask for a PIN to get into my account ? It looks like i am able to make charges from my card without a PIN. Is there a setting to make a PIN required ? 

@GusP hi a pin should be required did you actually try to make changes?

BearFBI

@GusP Sadly you cant make a PIN required. There is no setting to enable it.

I actually made a thread about this a few months ago. I belive @Nezgar contacted the Moderator Team about it and Tiana_V was involved. A week after that the moderators sent me a private message

The message said:

"The issue has already been circled and they are already looking into this, but there are no answers provided up to this moment."

I haven't got a response ever since.

I belive @Jb456 also made a thread about this and tagged Tiana_V. The thread got deleted and was never seen again

I guess PM dosen't want to fix this issue. I have no idea why. Endless they did. I am not sure because I havent made a payment via *611 in a long time.

My thread can be found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-number-not-asking-for-PIN-from-Another...

Need Help? Let's chat.