cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G/LTE data plans not found

CaptainSnorkel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am looking at changing my plan at the beginning of the next billing period.  My current plan is $180 per 90 days, 9 GB at 4G LTE.  All of the plans that I see shown are for 3G speeds only.  How do I change plans without downgrading to 3G speeds?

7 REPLIES 7

I moved from a TELUS LTE plan to a PM 3G (like) plan just over a year ago and truly saw no difference what-so-ever. I started by activating a new sim on a new number so I could flip back and forth which I did for close to 1 week. I didn't do speed tests or anything, I just looked to see if I could detect any sort of degradation of speed in what I use data for and couldn't see any difference. 

@CaptainSnorkel 

90 day plans are gone as well so you would lose the slight benefit of using more one month and less than next. But you would get 4.5 or 5 Gb per month rather than 9 Gb spread over three months and it would cost you $120 (3 x $40) rather than $180. A significant saving for significantly more data. If you have few rewards monthly at PM you also might consider Koodo or TELUS LTE plans. Just thinking out loud.....

AE_Collector

maybe change to another cell provider, kooddoo, etc.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CaptainSnorkel ya unfortunately PM doesn't offer complete plans with 4G/LTE anymore.  They are considered the bottom tier of the Telus family so they have to differentiate from the higher tiers (Koodo and Telus).  But to be honest the 3G isn't that bad unless you're streaming a lot.  If you're not really streaming much then 3G is pretty good.  I'd say depends on how much you're looking to save. 

CaptainSnorkel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies, we will be staying with the current plan.  

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@CaptainSnorkel wrote:

I am looking at changing my plan at the beginning of the next billing period.  My current plan is $180 per 90 days, 9 GB at 4G LTE.  All of the plans that I see shown are for 3G speeds only.  How do I change plans without downgrading to 3G speeds?

Those plans are no longer offer. See list of current plans here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans

If you enjoy LTE speeds, you're better off hanging onto the plan you have.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CaptainSnorkel  If full LTE date speeds is a requirement then don't change plans because you will not be able to change back to it. All new plans offer LTE data throttled down to 3Mbps.

@CaptainSnorkel wrote:

With the exception of a $30 data-only plan, Public Mobile no longer offers full LTE speed plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.