cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 days of no service

alli_b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported over from Virgin Mobile last month and have found myself with the infamous no-service issue - no calls / no texts / no data / etc. The phone doesn't seem the recognize the sim card at all (and doesn't work in other phones either) and I've tried many fixes mentioned on this forum. About the only thing that works is trying to call the phone, which gives an answering machine that I obv can't access. I called Virgin Mobile and they said that the port was completed and the issue is now with Public Mobile.

I've now waited over a month for resolution. After sending my initial support request, I've had people from PM answer back asking about my issue, replied to them, and then... nothing. I like to think I've been patient, but to see others get resolution within days while I've been waiting for over a month is frustrating.

13 REPLIES 13

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@250-9719471, I'm sorry to read about your port issue. Please check your inbox, I just sent you a private message.

Thank you!

Aïssata

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo to the word (including the macro we authored together about contacting the mods), that's exactly the reply I would have left had you not bested me by 5 solid hours.  Well played, sir.  Well played.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@250-9719471  usually best to stary your own thread and not use your tel number as a username.  anyway you have a stuck port and you need to send some infor to the mods follow the instructions below.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

250-9719471
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported over my number from Virgin 30 hours ago. Anyone who phones me gets my old Virgin answering service. I can not receive texts or calls. I can call out for some reason...my number is xxx.xxx.xxxx

250-9719471
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported over from Virgin about 30 hours ago. I can not receive calls or texts. However I can call out...anyone who calls my number gets my old Virgin answering service.

alli_b

Hi everyone,

Shazia sent me a replacement sim card and everything works great now.

Thanks for the support.

@alli_b With Shazia looking into your problems you should be on the way to resolution, but if still stranded tomorrow let us know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would say its the SIM or some issue during the porting process if you have tried on multiple phones.

Shazia_K is looking into it now. You are in good hands.

Good Luck!

alli_b

The phone is definitely unlocked.

As for error messages I only see "No Service" at the top. The About Phone page shows the following:

My phone number: Unknown

Network: Unknown

Mobile network type: Unknown

Service state: Out of service

Mobile network state: Disconnected

EDIT: Sim card # sent

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @alli_b

I'm sorry for the delay in responding back to you as you might already know we are currently receiving a higher volume of requests than our usual.

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card #?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Shazia_K  are you still around and able to look at this for this member.  Seems like a very long time with no service.  Thanks in advance

Is there any error when entering the SIM?  Your phone is unlocked correct?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

It is long enough indeed. 

Is your phone unlock and workable at public mobile, its best to start from testing using another public mobile user? 

What does it say when you put in your sim card on your screen, and are you able to go to the network serach section and find any network at all?

If you already tried many solution, then only way to fix it is contact mod.  @Shazia_K

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Send a PM to a moderator.  They are all online at the moment.  They should be able to take care of your problem fairly quickly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.