cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 phones under 1 account?

taylor7787
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched my wife and myself over to public and set us up under our own emails so now I have 2 login's. Is it possible to have two phone numbers/accounts under one email address?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The answer is yes and no.  Yes, you can if you use email aliases so that the emails from both accounts go to the same email address.  No, you cannot use the exact sequence ahead of @.  As an example, gmail allows aliases using dots.  Suppose John Jones has a gmail account.  To google JohnJones@gmail.com is the same as John.Jones@gmail.com, J.ohnJones@gmail.com and so on.  Google ignores the dot.  The native email address is JohnJones@gmail.com.  Everything else is treated as an alias.  Public Mobile does not treat these aliases as the same thing.  This is a way to activate using a different account name but yet receive all the emails in the same email address. 

Mr-Bump
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your account: taylor7787@gmail.com

Your Wife's account : taylor7787+wifey@gmail.com

All emails will be sent to the same Gmail account, and by looking at the recipient, you can tell for whom the email was intended. I am unaware of any other email providers this works with.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No, each account must have a separate e-mail address.  If you have a gmail account, you can get around this by using either the gmail + or dot tricks. 

With the + trick, you would add + and any extra characters to the front portion of your gmail address. Ex: email+1234@gmail.com

Or, you can add dots to anywhere within the front portion of your address.

Ex: e.m.ail@gmail.com will funnel messages to email@gmail.com

Need Help? Let's chat.