cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happens when you reach your data limit?

ilonah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help. Just got a PM account for my son and I am wondering what will happen if he goes over his allotted data usuage under the plan? Will the data turn off or will we be charged for use over the amount?

thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

boywithnoname
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks to all those who responded to this question. It's good to know. My dad is currently on Rogers and my brother's and I got him a new smart phone for his birthday. He has seniors plan which gives him enough minutes and texts since he only uses the phone for emergencies. But as he starts to get more comfortable with a smartphone I may consider moving him over to Public. Knowing about data stopping once he's used it up will be helpful for managing his account. So thank you again  

crusty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Data is cut off....no overage fees

BarryS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ilonah  Yes, as others have mentioned, this is one of the great things about Public Mobile.  For parents who are providing and paying for a mobile for their children, there are never any surprises when it comes to billing and data usage.  As you are prepaying (as apposed to post-paying - use now/pay after) you get exactly what you are paying for.  Once minutes/data are used up, that's it.  No more service!  You are in control of exactly how much time your child is on their device and how much it is going to cost.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ilonah, text warnings will be supplied as data usage approaches the limit.  Whether your son will heed the warning is another discussion.  Note that if you are administering the account, you will see in the overview no mention of data if/when data usage is consumed.  It is kind of counter intuitive but that is how the self serve displays when data usage is 100% consumed. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @ilonah

With public Mobile when you reach your data limit data simply stops working until your plan renews and you get the data allotment back. You will never be charged extra for going over. 

You can purposely go in to your your account and buy a data add-on. The add-on will not expire until the data has run out. 

So so this is a good plan for teaching data management. 

Need Help? Let's chat.