cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happens if I ever switch from public mobile then come back?

tidepodravioli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys, i was just wondering what happens with my rewards if I end up leaving public mobile but then come back in the future. Would I get my rewards back after returning? Or would I have to start from scratch with no rewards all over again?

6 REPLIES 6

FishBowl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As long as your account is active and it's the same account, you should still be able to use your rewards, I believe.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tidepodravioli 

If you remove your autopay cc info, you account will be suspended.  90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled.  You number, rewards and any fund in your account will be gone.

If you have lots of rewards and large amount available fund in your account, you can switch to the cheapest $15 plan to use your fund in your account to pay for renewal every 119 days (reactivate 89 days after suspension for another 30days)

If you have a grandfathered plan, you may earn a few dollar by letting someone to take over your account and phone number since you have rewards in your account.

FYI:

Choices to cancel service:
1. Quick and keeping your phone number
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay and port your number to another provider. Your account will be canceled right away.
2. Slow and not keeping your phone number.
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay. Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be cancel. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying and reactivate your account.
3. Make money and not keeping your phone number
If you have a plan with high demand, you can let someone to take over your plan. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @tidepodravioli ,

You can keep your account and phone number in suspended status less than 90 days as @JoyLuck posts. But if you PORT it out or are suspended for more than 90 days you will lose your account (including any rewards); you would need a new SIM to reactivate.

If you ported out your phone number, then you would still have that phone number if you ever ported back to PM - but as a newbie again (with regards to rewards).

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@tidepodravioli wrote: 

Hi guys, i was just wondering what happens with my rewards if I end up leaving public mobile but then come back in the future. Would I get my rewards back after returning? Or would I have to start from scratch with no rewards all over again?

If after 90 days from your renewal date you do not pay, your account will be closed and you will have to activate again, therefore you will lose all rewards and start from scratch.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Self-Serve-Account-Management/ta-p/245...

Missed Payments

If you miss a payment due date, your account will be put into a suspended state, meaning you will be unable to use your phone services. You will have up to 90 days to make a payment, and after doing so your payment cycle with restart and your service will resume. After 90 days, suspended accounts are permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.
Need Help? Let's chat.