cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup for autppay but not auto renewed

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my plan did not autorenew even though I have set up auto pay, can you explain that please? I need my phone service back immediatley, how could this happen?   
I know I was set up for auto pay, I go the $2 credit.

this is my first cycle and I am very frustrated.

I have pm'ed the moderators

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PM100 wrote:

So if i have $15 already in my account and my first autopay in a couple weeks from now is going to be for $25 then i could simply preload $10 now using my cc and then i will have enough money in the account to cover the monthly fee on the due date.....OR DO I NEED TO CONSIDER TAXES in the preloading ? 

The taxes will be charged on the cc. It will be just the base amount in your Available Funds.

eg. ON = $11.30 in your example.

@PM100 wrote:

So if i have $15 already in my account and my first autopay in a couple weeks from now is going to be for $25 then i could simply preload $10 now using my cc and then i will have enough money in the account to cover the monthly fee on the due date.....OR DO I NEED TO CONSIDER TAXES in the preloading ? 

@PM100  Yes that is correct. No need to worry about taxes they get automatically applied during your onetime cc payment.

PM100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Dogbert wrote:

@buchaneer52 wrote:

I've read that a lot of PM users had this same problem especially on the first renewal. So to avoid this a few days before renewal, I loaded enough funds from my credit card to cover the renewal. This worked fine. I'm not sure if I'll keep doing this or not but if I'm going to be away from home and relying on my phone on my renewal date, then I'll certainly will make sure that the funds are there in advance. I shouldn't have to do this but rather than chance losing service at a critical time, I'll do it.

Does this interfere with the $2 auto-pay reward?

@Dogbert  No it does not. As long as you have AutoPay enabled you will get the reward even if you pay your renewals with vouchers it does not make a difference.

@Dogbert wrote:

@buchaneer52 wrote:

I've read that a lot of PM users had this same problem especially on the first renewal. So to avoid this a few days before renewal, I loaded enough funds from my credit card to cover the renewal. This worked fine. I'm not sure if I'll keep doing this or not but if I'm going to be away from home and relying on my phone on my renewal date, then I'll certainly will make sure that the funds are there in advance. I shouldn't have to do this but rather than chance losing service at a critical time, I'll do it.

As long as you leave autopay activated and a cc on file you'll still get that reward. Pre-loading your account with funds just means that at renewal time, the $$ will come from Available Funds instead of your on-file cc. The renewal process seems to be happy that way and you'll still get the reward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dogbert wrote:

@buchaneer52 wrote:

No. Just having a credit card (or prepaid gift card credit card) registered and enabling autopay is all you need for the $2 reward. After that, if you top up the account manually and never hit the card via autopay...you're good.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@buchaneer52 wrote:

To those having issues with their plan not renewing properly, you should always have a backup.  Now is as good a time as any to get something working right away, so you can stay in touch with those you need too.  Even for a short period, it's smart to have a backup.

On your device without service, hop onto WiFi, where you can, and install from the AppStore of your device, the Fongo or TextNow app.  These will both allow for free calling in Canada, on a new Canadian number.  TextNow allows for free calls to the US and both in/out SMS at no cost.

Alternatively, have another SIM and/or Cellular phone with SIM on another plan, and even another provider (ie not Bell/Telus network).

I know it's frustrating, but having a backup ready to go, resolves the waiting issue or at least make it better.

@mynewhome wrote:

Same here.. not a warm and fuzzy pm experience!

@mynewhome  Public Mobile has very competitive rates so that is a big plus. The minus, even though their systems work well for the majority of the time there are definetely glitches especially  with AutoPay and the renewal process from time to time.

From my experience if you want to avoid problems you need to be proactive rather than reactive. If you search the community forums there there are a number of helpfull tips and strategies on how avoid these problems.

If you are looking for set it and forget it type of approach then maybe PM is not a good fit.

@mynewhome @waynev 

There have been more issues with autopay recently.  Moderator wait times are 1-2 days these days.  

As you wait for moderator, there are a few suggestions to try:

1.  If there is a re-activate plan tab showing in your self service account, click on it.

2.  Stolen/lost phone trick has been used many times by customers to reset/restart their plan.  It does no harm to your phone or plan.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

3.  Manually load $1 to your account.  This also sometimes resets your account.  

mynewhome

Same here.. not a warm and fuzzy pm experience!

waynev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There appears to be a lot of that going on the lat couple of days.  I sent a message to the ModeratorTeam yesterday but have not hard back yet.  I am showing money in my account, the Account Status is Active but the phone is not working.

mynewhome

me and a friend set up our new accounts at the same time and he hasnt had any problems with auto renew

buchaneer52
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

mynewhome

isnt the whole concept of auto pay to avoid this in the first place?

can i look forward to this every renewal cycle?

Learned the problem was due to changing credit cards - the billing address was in a format different than my PM account.

I actually spoke to a real live person to resolve this!

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have read of this happening to others. Some users pre-load their account with funds, so this is avoided. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try the lost/stolen phone trick.  Where you log in to your self serve and report your phone lost, this will deactivate your sim and wait about 5 minutes and log back in and report it found, this will reactivate your sim and hopefully give it the kick it needs.  Or you can send a private message to the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.