cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rewards with early renewal.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

just looking for user experience re rewards and early renewals, before making a request to mods.

I did an immediate  plan change and $25 was taken from account balance and no rewards were applied.

original plan $75 talk and text /90 days

new plan $25 talk and text/ 30 days.

I know i am eligable becasue the KB article states: 

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

what reward amount should I be getting $6/ autopay and $3 l, $3 referral=$12  , or the $2 autopay and $1 loyalty, and $1 referral= $4? 

I think i am confused on if the quantity of rewards are credited for the past purchase (ie my 90 day plan) or for the future purchase  (the new 30 day plan).

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo

Messaged mods asked them to update missing rewards.

Received rewards equivalent to the 90 plan time.

@will13am wrote:

@popping wrote:

@mimmo

The software to calculate the reward and apply to your account runs during your next renewal date only.  Therefore, your reward will not apply to your account on early renewal.  What will happen when a subscriber is doing early renewal 2 - 3 time within a 30/90 cycles?

But if your early renewal is very close to the end of your 90 day cycle, moderator may consider to apply your rewards manually.  YMMV

This behavior has been my experience.  I recall a while back in a discussion with Public Mobile about new emphasis being placed on 30 day plans over 90 day plans, it was mentioned that the conversion of rewards to funds happens as part of the normal renewal process.  Morever, for those on the 90 day plan who switch to 30 day plan, the rewards would be cut to 1/3 because the new renewal is 1/3 as long.  I contend that I waited 90 days to accumulate my rewards and just because I go to a shorter renewal, the system should not forget the fact that I have been earning rewards for 90 days.  It would be a one time thing anyway where 90 days of credits were given for a 30 day renewal.  There was no appetite for discussion as the way the system is wired, it doesn't work that way. 

More to the point of how things are wired vs how things work, I had an account that was placed in suspension via lost phone feature with auto pay enabled.  When I reactivated, I did not get any auto pay reward.  The renewal was off schedule and I got nothing.  I will watch to see how this unfolds and maybe go after the $2 out of principle. 

To me 1/3 reward for your future renewal or plan change totally makes sense because once again, we earn rewards acording to the next renewal. Rewards are not earned for the time you stayed on a 90 days because the rewards for that time period were already applied when you pre-paid. If you switch from 30 days to a 90 days plan, you will get 3x the rewards. But if you change from 90 days to 30 days, you will get 1/3 rewards. However, that is exactly the same as earning 3x rewards with 2 renewals which is total 90 days. 

@popping wrote:

@mimmo

The software to calculate the reward and apply to your account runs during your next renewal date only.  Therefore, your reward will not apply to your account on early renewal.  What will happen when a subscriber is doing early renewal 2 - 3 time within a 30/90 cycles?

But if your early renewal is very close to the end of your 90 day cycle, moderator may consider to apply your rewards manually.  YMMV

This behavior has been my experience.  I recall a while back in a discussion with Public Mobile about new emphasis being placed on 30 day plans over 90 day plans, it was mentioned that the conversion of rewards to funds happens as part of the normal renewal process.  Morever, for those on the 90 day plan who switch to 30 day plan, the rewards would be cut to 1/3 because the new renewal is 1/3 as long.  I contend that I waited 90 days to accumulate my rewards and just because I go to a shorter renewal, the system should not forget the fact that I have been earning rewards for 90 days.  It would be a one time thing anyway where 90 days of credits were given for a 30 day renewal.  There was no appetite for discussion as the way the system is wired, it doesn't work that way. 

More to the point of how things are wired vs how things work, I had an account that was placed in suspension via lost phone feature with auto pay enabled.  When I reactivated, I did not get any auto pay reward.  The renewal was off schedule and I got nothing.  I will watch to see how this unfolds and maybe go after the $2 out of principle. 

popping

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai it was 4 days ago. I will message mods today, and report back 4-5 days when I hear back from them.

Oh! Is there a reason you did not futuredate the plan change instead of immediate change? 

@mimmo may be trying to avoid the software bug on plan change to a lower value plan.on next renewal date.

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai it was 4 days ago. I will message mods today, and report back 4-5 days when I hear back from them.

Oh! Is there a reason you did not futuredate the plan change instead of immediate change? 

mimmo

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Interesting question! I have not experienced this myself nor i have seen anyone post anything about this. I think you should get the rewards in accordance to 30 days because that's the plan you changed to and you would've got that same amount if you futuredated the plan change. 

Let's wait 24 hours and see what happens. Let us know.  

popping

@mimmo

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mimmo wrote:

just looking for user experience re rewards and early renewals, before making a request to mods.

I did an immediate  plan change and $25 was taken from account balance and no rewards were applied.

original plan $75 talk and text /90 days

new plan $25 talk and text/ 30 days.

I know i am eligable becasue the KB article states: 

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

what reward amount should I be getting $6/ autopay and $3 l, $3 referral=$12  , or the $2 autopay and $1 loyalty, and $1 referral= $4? 

I think i am confused on if the quantity of rewards are credited for the past purchase (ie my 90 day plan) or for the future purchase  (the new 30 day plan).

From what I have seen, is that all rewards are provided up front.  Except if a referral leaves you don't get any of that applied to your cycle.  So I think you are going to get the 2 autopay, 1 Loyalty and 1 referral.

Some say that autopay is earned at the end of your cycle but if that was the case when you sign up your first renewal wouldn't have double autopay reward applied. 

It seems only referrals can change during the month and that makes sense.  You could have a referral sign up the day before your renewal and get the referral reward right away and on the other hand you can have a referral leave a day before your renewal and you don't get anything even if they were with PM for 29 out of 30 days

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.