cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refer a friend issues (due to failed port?)

codiemaster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi i went with a friend to wallmart to activate his publicmobile account and get an imedate sim card they activated used my number for the refer a friend thing i got the confirmation text 

today i lost my bonus for this friend 

i know he tried to port a number from bell and it was taking over a week so i helped him just change the number so he could abbandon the port and use service as expected  as over a week was to long to wait for a number to go through   

Could this effect the refer a friend bonus on my account ?

@Moderator_Team

4 REPLIES 4

codiemaster

the text states   your refer a friend reward will be less on your next pay,ment due date due to your friends accounts inactivity     however he is still using his phone 

july 8 recived the u have sucessfully refered a friend  

aug 7 got the text stating that i lost my bonus due to inactivity

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Th3Heather wrote:

My issue isn't exactly the same as this but I did receive a text informing me that i successfully referred a friend and have yet to see the credit added to my account. This text came through on August 7th. 

Did your friend activate online and has he/her received the $25 credit to their account?

Th3Heather

My issue isn't exactly the same as this but I did receive a text informing me that i successfully referred a friend and have yet to see the credit added to my account. This text came through on August 7th. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@codiemaster, generally porting does not affect the referral system.  At what time did your friend activate the new account?  Was it before August 9?  If so, there was a bonus $25 credit for both parties.  Otherwise, the referred party gets $10.  The referring party only gets $1/30 days at renewal time. 

The bonus referral credit referred to above is typically paid out within 72 hours of activation.  Once awarded the bonus is not taken away under any circumstance. 

Need Help? Let's chat.