cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refer a friend and he applied code at the time of activation of SIM but $10 has not received

gyanendra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have referred my friend to Public Mobile, and he used my referral code at the time of activation of sim card, but I didn't received any one time referral bonus as $10.

Thanks

Gyanendra

15 REPLIES 15

@Jack as soon as your friend activated you should have received a 611 congrats on the referral text. Your friend will get the $10 credit in the self service account within 72 hours. 

Log into your self service account and look in the rewards section of your overview page.  The $1 should be there. If you have more than 1. Check the last 4 digits here.

20200512_195312.jpg

If it isn't there, have your friend contact the moderators, explain that a mistake was made when entering the referral code and ask them to add your referral code. Give them your phone number and referral code to pass on to the moderators. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Jack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i referred a friend when will it appear on my account and also there account

the credits don't appear on the account 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gyanendra wrote:

Hi,

I have referred my friend to Public Mobile, and he used my referral code at the time of activation of sim card, but I didn't received any one time referral bonus as $10.

Thanks

Gyanendra

You, as a referrer, will get $1 per 30 days as long as your friend stay with PM.  You will not get the one time $10 referral credit.

Your friend, as a referee, will get one time $10 referral credit within 72 hours after activation.  You friend will not get the $1 per 30 days reward.

Read the referral details on the top right of your overview page.

"Refer a friend and take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time BONUS $10 credit!"

@gblackma thanks for that image. I was looking for one that has the refer a friend image. 

By the way, can you do a screenshot of what it will look like as a quick overview too? For future reference of course?!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gyanendra  you get $1 once your friends account is activated. Go into your self service account and check to see if the last 4 digits of your friends number is there. Stay safe. Click on the arrow.

20200512_195312.jpg

@gyanendra if you referred a friend to use your code, that is even better, because you get $1 off per month. Am so jealous of you. That's better than the $10 credit in which your friend gets. Granted, the $10 credit really pays for the cost of the SIM card, unless you gifted him a SIM card as a gift.

You should be seeing the refer a friend in your self-serve account:

As you can see, I don't have any, but likely will show up here!

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 3.22.27 PM.png

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpcdesign 

Yeah, I can understand how you took that. I also had to read it a couple of times before commenting. 

@brettster99 , how I read it is that @gyanendra is the new user and he/she used her friend's code. But, now if I re-read it a few times, I think you may be right! @gyanendra has only been with PM for a week now?!

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gyanendra 

You do not get the $10. The friend you referred will get that within 72 hours. You will get $1 off the plan you have every month for as long as they are a public mobile subscriber 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@gyanendra I understand your confusion I thought the same when I refered my wife that I would receive a 10.00 credit. 

If you go into your self serve account you will see on the left side, "My rewards" there is a spot there that says referral. It should have a (1) in brackets. If it has not applied by Friday, then reach out to customer service. 

Have a wonderful day! 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@gyanendra, congratulations on joining the Public Mobile family where you can be involved in a community family of sorts! 

Don't worry, it may take up to 3 days to show up in your account. It's a win-win situation, as your friend will see a savings of $1 per month as long as you stay with us, and you get that one-time credit of $10 which can be applied to your next payment.

Remember to give this referral code to others that you meet who is thinking of changing providers, which means, you get to save $1 per month!

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 2.45.59 PM.png

@shaker wrote:

Dont worry.

You will get a message from PM, soon.

But, no harm in reminding them once again below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Regards.

@shaker Small harm as it increases the pool of tickets for something that is not yet an issue. See the other posts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gyanendra wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Gyanendra

@gyanendra  The way it works is that your friend will get the one time $10 bonus and you will get a $1 reward every 30 days.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@gyanendra hi he will get the 10 dollars  it's usually within 72 hours you will get 1 dollar every 30 day cycle

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Dont worry.

You will get a message from PM, soon.

But, no harm in reminding them once again below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Regards.

Need Help? Let's chat.