cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received sms saying friend left

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I recieved a sms saying a friend left PM.  I checked teh my rewards section and compared  the PM List with my manual list and all both contain the same numbers.

I am assuming that it should have been a number added vs a number removed, but i am not sure who used my number as a referral.  does anyone know if anything/what  can be done? Are mods able to figure out referrals without the new customers number?  or am I out of luck.

4 REPLIES 4

@mimmo wrote:

BTW, I don't have a complete handle on my referrals because I was giving my number to friends and friend of friends during the promo frenzy.  I should have written things down, never thought this could happen.  Luckily, the two lost referrals were good friends I know did not leave the service.  

Update:  Any past reward errors can be dealt with by the mods.

@will13am  I have similar situation (given my number to friends of friends etc...).  what i am not sure of is if i received a new referal but it got taken as a loss (happened to be before) or if it is a leakage and my rewards just need to be re adjusted.

As mentioned the referals from a month ago and today are exatly the same. (will wait a week to see if anything changes).

If it was a new activation that used my number, I am not sure who it was,  is there a way for mods to figure out who it was? 

@mimmo, if given a phone number, certainly the mods can look it up in their system and find out who it is.  However, I doubt that they would give you any details as that would be a privacy concern.  If you tell them it is my friend with name, that is a different matter.

I just checked my account again tonight.  It looks like the referral credits match to the number of the referrals listed in my account.  But, the total credit I will get is even lower than with my leakage.  So even more leakage took place?  I am at a lost.  Back the drawing board. 

mimmo

BTW, I don't have a complete handle on my referrals because I was giving my number to friends and friend of friends during the promo frenzy.  I should have written things down, never thought this could happen.  Luckily, the two lost referrals were good friends I know did not leave the service.  

@will13am  I have similar situation (given my number to friends of friends etc...).  what i am not sure of is if i received a new referal but it got taken as a loss (happened to be before) or if it is a leakage and my rewards just need to be re adjusted.

As mentioned the referals from a month ago and today are exatly the same. (will wait a week to see if anything changes).

If it was a new activation that used my number, I am not sure who it was,  is there a way for mods to figure out who it was? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's a referral leakage bug in the system.  I lost two that I know of, only got notification on one.  Getting them put back is turning into quite the chore.  Many tickets later, I am not sure what's going to happen.  I lost $6 of credits due to this leakage on the last renewal a month ago.  It is uncertain how this will be corrected.  Will the system be smart enough to back date the leakage, who knows.  There's certainly a display bug in my account now.  That says I will get only $3 in referral credits on next renewal.  The mods have been very supportive, but it's outside of their control.  The back office is where the problem lies.  If the problem does not resolve, I will be asking for manual adjustments every 90 days. Let's trade sob stories on how this saga unfolds. 

SD08

It could be that one of your referrals ported in another number.  I've heard that that can trigger that message, even though the referral is not actually lost.  Not sure how accurately or quickly PM would update the numbers.

Need Help? Let's chat.