cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"General Reward Rules" article mistake

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I assume this article from the knowledge base saying that 90 day plans get $15/30 days for loyalty rewards is a mistake. I'm looking at the chart.

Edit: General Reward Rules

It seems the 3, 4, and 5 year rewards are per 30 days instead of per 90 days

24 REPLIES 24

@daredoggthat is why I mentioned it is at time of renewal

They show the ESTIMATED rewards as earned, but they are ONLY applied to your account on date of renewal (check your detailed payments page)

So the FAQ is correct about txt being sent when rewards are earned

I would guess everyone is rec the notifications but many are not understanding when rewards are actually earned vs when they are first shown on your account page

@daredogg wrote:

I get text messages about renewals @kav2001c but not when rewards have been applied to my account. I also get texts about how to file a complaint with CCTS, if you have one.

If nobody is receiving texts about rewards, maybe PM should remove this line from the page.

Acekiller

the only reward text i get is from referrals

jp2

I have received texts from 2 different numbers one being 611. But it's just saying don't forget to renew another confirming renewal was successful 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Oops, I spoke too soon.  Overall, I've received many different texts from PM for various reasons via their various SMS numbers (9 different numbers!).  Searching more thoroughly, in one of those message threads, I did receive messages just after my renewals occurred.  These only gave a summary of the amounts of the four types of rewards which were applied during the renewals.  I guess I missed these because they always came at renewal time and I just assumed it was the standard successful renewal messages.  However, I don't see messages about rewards at the time they are earned, for example, at the time of monthly community rewards.  Not even a message about earning the loyalty reward.

@CalvinW wrote:

I’m almost to my 3rd year. Was ready to cash in on that $9 per 30 days

The rug was pulled from underneath your feet.  

I get text messages about renewals @kav2001c but not when rewards have been applied to my account. I also get texts about how to file a complaint with CCTS, if you have one.

If nobody is receiving texts about rewards, maybe PM should remove this line from the page.

They have been sending me texts monthly / quarterly depending on plan for as long as I can remember

The text normally comes a day or two before renewal date

SD08

@daredogg wrote:

Further about the link @jp2 shared... General Reward Rules

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know.

I can't recall if I ever received a text message saying rewards have been applied. I have been inactive for awhile, so maybe I just forget. Can anyone confirm that indeed a text message is received? I guess we'll find out in a day or so anyway! Robot Happy

For as long as I've been here, I've never ever received any texts when I got any rewards of any kind, and I've received all four types of rewards.  I got a text about rewards when a referral ported a phone number into PM, saying "Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve."  That despite the referral never having left.  Apparently, others have gotten that erroneous message too.

Edit: see correction below

@jp2 wrote:

I have not recieved a text message when I recieve rewards

Nor I.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jp2

I have not recieved a text message when I recieve rewards

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Further about the link @jp2 shared... General Reward Rules

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know.

I can't recall if I ever received a text message saying rewards have been applied. I have been inactive for awhile, so maybe I just forget. Can anyone confirm that indeed a text message is received? I guess we'll find out in a day or so anyway! Robot Happy

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Great catches @jp2 and @SD08... and thanks to @Alan_K for fixing it quickly! That's what the Community is here for, right... to make PM look good?!

Hey @mimmo hopefully you didn't lose any money with your pool! Robot LOL

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Oops, this is embarrassing.  This needs to be fixed asap. 

hmmm  If i were a betting person I would make a pool to see how long it would take 🙂

I should have put in a bet with you before reporting it.

CalvinW

I’m almost to my 3rd year. Was ready to cash in on that $9 per 30 days

Alan_K

@jp2 Thanks for pointing this out! Typos have been fixed 🙂

mimmo

@will13am wrote:

hmmm  If i were a betting person I would make a pool to see how long it would take 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

jp2

@SD08 also a good catch 

jp2

@CS_Agent@ will need to fix this asap if it's a mistake because it's written as PM approved answers some provinces, or at least here in Alberta, they will be legally required to honour it or provide a 10% discount

SD08

Another error, which I noticed in the example for reducing the plan to $0:

Spoiler

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 50 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

Point #5 should say "referred 36 friends" to match the summary line.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, that's a great catch @jp2.

Looks like there is a typo there. Should say per 90 days instead of 30 days. Boy, that would be awesome though if it was actually a $9 reward per 30 days. Smiley Very Happy

jp2

@ShawnC13@Try this link

@LEGO yes that's the chart 

LEGO

@jp2 Are you reffering to this?

2018-06-07_005855.jpg

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jp2 wrote:

I assume this article from the knowledge base saying that 90 day plans get $15/30 days for loyalty rewards is a mistake. I'm looking at the chart.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164 

It seems the 3, 4, and 5 year rewards are per 30 days instead of per 90 days

I can't view the link

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.