cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged 2.56 every month

marissafaber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started my plan in August, $40 a month. In December I started to auto pay and now since then every month  have been charged 42.56. It's not the biggest deal but I would at least like to know why and why I haven't had any autopay rewards applied? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

marissafaber

that would make sense. ok thank you!

@marissafaber wrote:

that's what I thought but my first few months (Aug-Nov) I wasn't charged that! It was just 40 even.

There is a bug in the payment system that sometimes causes new customers to not be charged tax for the first payment if activating online.  It just means that you were undercharged before, not you being overcharged now.

marissafaber

that's what I thought but my first few months (Aug-Nov) I wasn't charged that! It was just 40 even.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@marissafaber 

You need to pay taxes every month also.  Likely also got $2 autopay credit.

$38 x 1.12 = $42.46

You could also check your payment history in your self service account to verify.

@marissafaber wrote:

I started my plan in August, $40 a month. In December I started to auto pay and now since then every month  have been charged 42.56. It's not the biggest deal but I would at least like to know why and why I haven't had any autopay rewards applied? Thanks

Are you in a place with a total sales tax rate of 12%?  If so, you haven't been overcharged.  This would mean that you've been charged $38 plus a total sales tax of 12% (combined federal and provincial).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Oh those dang taxes !!

If you have a credit card on your account and Autopay is turned on, then you should get the Autopay Reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.