cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more reward $ than plan cost?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Haha, I am not close to this point yet.. but I am curious.

What if there are more reward money than the plan cost for that month?  Let say my plan is $15 but my rewards (refer friendd+community+loyal) is more , let say $20. Does the $5 roll over to the next month? or it will be gone?   

Also, we can't use the reward $ to buy Add-ons, right?

8 REPLIES 8

Dgraziani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow that is truly amazing, I absolutely love PM, I just don't have the time to do be on here as often

@esjliv wrote:

This is the official statement.

But, I will officially say 'unofficially' this does not happen from my experience, at least to accounts that I know about.

There is an actual limit to the rewards any one customer can earn but this isn't related to the plan cost, but rather than plan duration and the number of referrals.   As fo rthe official/unofficial aspect, remember that Public could change this at any time and without warning/notification to make things line up with the official documentation.

thank.. now that I know clearly how the "money" goes, I will work harder to build my friend referrals 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Yup,  it'll accumulate. 

And yep, you can use it to buy whatever services you'd like - once it gets converted from a pending reward to the available funds.

And yes you can buy add-ons with your reward money. It is all just money sitting there to pay for part or all of your future renewals and/or to buy add-ons with. I have two $15 plans and both are fully paid for and accumulating extra $. If we can ever go to our cabin in the USA again in the future I will be bumping up to a much higher plan over the summer (no other internet to use there) which will wipe out some or all $ accumulation I have.

AE_Collector

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

Haha, I am not close to this point yet.. but I am curious.

What if there are more reward money than the plan cost for that month?  Let say my plan is $15 but my rewards (refer friendd+community+loyal) is more , let say $20. Does the $5 roll over to the next month? or it will be gone?   

Also, we can't use the reward $ to buy Add-ons, right?

@hTideGnow 

The link @LEGO provided states:

"You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. 

Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months."

This is the official statement.

But, I will officially say 'unofficially' this does not happen from my experience, at least to accounts that I know about.

For example:

If you are on the $15 plan and your rewards are $17, then that additional $2 balance will be added to your Available Funds for your next renewal.

Whether that happens to everyone or not, I cannot say. So I guess this is a YMMV!

Depending what plan you are on, I would say you may find out soon enough. 😉

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hTideGnow , just remember that it is a savings plan with no withdrawal function.  Might as well treat yourself to a more expensive plan when you can afford it.  

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow Yes, rewards will roll over on your next renewal date.

Source: link

There are many members in the Community who reported roll over.

Need Help? Let's chat.