cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missed autopay reward

vl48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was hoping to get help with a missed autopay. I had some issues with my credit card recently which got changed and I uploaded the new CC to my public mobile account but I must have forgotten to click "activate auto-pay" and missed the deadline resulting in my service being de-activated but when I went to pay for the 3 month plan and re-activate, I was not able to get he autopay reward. I have been with public mobile for awhile now and was hoping this could get fixed. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

@stonechucker, for me, it didn't work as you wrote. I even had a moderator who looked at too, and he agreed it was a weird occurrence. And been told to do what am doing now. 

Trust me, if I get what you have, a be deliriously happy! 

@mpcdesign, AutoPay is designed to take the money at the end of 'Payment' day, if you haven't already topped up otherwise.  I've been signed up on AutoPay since the summer of 2016, and it has not failed for me other than on a plan change from a 30-day $42 cycle to a 90-day $120 cycle.

EVery 90 days, on my 'payment date, I do absolutely nothing with Self-Serve.  The payment used to happen around 9 pm ET but now doesn't happen until about 2 am the following morning.  AutoPay takes the required amount from my credit card, without my interaction.  Every time.

Once, this past year, I manually topped up ahead of a scheduled 'System Maintenance' as it was going to be done during what is my regular payment cycle.  I topped up fully prior to the payment date so that I would not have to suffer the outage that had occurred the previous system maintenance cycle to many others.

AutoPay was implemented to make remembering to pay no longer an issue.  It does that more most people.

During the process - if you watch the My Account screen you will see your plan change status a few times.  It's scary.  However, there are messages that say 'DO NOTHING - THIS IS NORMAL' or something to that effect.  It's telling you to let the system work, and do not worry about your account.  It will complete.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

This is what happens with AutoPay. You think by linking up your credit card, the AutoPay will automatically take money from the credit card. NOT! You need to have sufficient funds in your account. AutoPay then takes the funds in your account and applies for the payment. I know, its the system. 

Top up your account with sufficient funds to cover the remaining amount owing. Since we are a prepaid service, you need to have the funds available for the plan change to fully take effect. If you only have partial funds in your account, or if you do not complete payment after changing your plan, you may be left with no or partial service. We have introduced several warnings to ensure you don’t leave the page without topping up but figured we should mention it here as well. Note: If you have sufficient funds to cover your new plan, you won’t be taken to the payment menu.

For tips, check this out. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vl48 wrote:

I was hoping to get help with a missed autopay. I had some issues with my credit card recently which got changed and I uploaded the new CC to my public mobile account but I must have forgotten to click "activate auto-pay" and missed the deadline resulting in my service being de-activated but when I went to pay for the 3 month plan and re-activate, I was not able to get he autopay reward. I have been with public mobile for awhile now and was hoping this could get fixed. Thanks.

Only moderator can access to your account. 

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.