cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how the rewards money works?

toniteng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

just got a question about my rewards on my plan, i got my public mobile number activated early this month ( 4th of Fed.) and got all the rewards( 2$for auto pay and 10$ for friend refered in my reward account), and i checked my back statement that i have been charged 44.8$ for this month and i think this number is full cost of my plan which is 40$+ 4.8$TAX; so i have not get the discount on my plan as i thought (which should be 38$ this month) i am not really sure how this reward money works, anyone can help to make this a bit clear? thanks a lot for your help... 

10 REPLIES 10

@toniteng wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Rewards are applied at renewal.  First month is always full price. Next renewal should show discounted price.

ye i saw the next round due payment amount is 28$ due to 5th of March, so is this mean the reward will automaticlly applied or should manually do something on it? 

The situation is, as others mentioned, that the amount due is based on what funds you have in your account and the rewards that will be applied at account renewal. One of the reasons for doing it this way is because you may use your funds available at any time to say, purchase a U.S roaming add-on or a long distance add-on but you are not able to use the rewards for this until they are added to your available funds. This is done so say you have a friend reward and just before your renewal date that friend decides to go to Bell, that's closes their account and removes your friend reward and thus you do not receive the reward. This is also done for the autopay reward for the same reason, it prevents use of the reward prior to you being entitled to it but you are able to see what will be there at renewal so you can manage your payment accordingly.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

One of the reasons for this is when you log in you see the full value of your plan. This way you are fully aware of which plan you have signed up for and if you wish to change your plan you are able to. The rewards section is separate. As mentioned in the other posts, it’s the cost of your plan -rewards which is applied at the end of the billing period.

cheers,

mj23

MJ23

CC=credit card

@toniteng wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Rewards are applied at renewal.  First month is always full price. Next renewal should show discounted price.

ye i saw the next round due payment amount is 28$ due to 5th of March, so is this mean the reward will automaticlly applied or should manually do something on it? 

Yes, rewards will be applied automatically. If you have autopay turned ON, you need do nothing ahead of time. The system will do everything automatically and charge your credit card. CC = credit card.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

toniteng

whats mean by CC??

toniteng

@mimmo wrote:

fanfan

Also, if your referral decides to stop using PM service by either not paying or porting out, you will lose your $1 monthly credit. Usually you get a text message on your cell when you have successfully referred someone or when on of your referrals have left PM.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

On renewal rewards are converted to available funds which are used to cover the cost of the plan. If there are not enough funds then your cc is charged the balance owning. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@toniteng wrote:

Hi,

just got a question about my rewards on my plan, i got my public mobile number activated early this month ( 4th of Fed.) and got all the rewards( 2$for auto pay and 10$ for friend refered in my reward account), and i checked my back statement that i have been charged 44.8$ for this month and i think this number is full cost of my plan which is 40$+ 4.8$TAX; so i have not get the discount on my plan as i thought (which should be 38$ this month) i am not really sure how this reward money works, anyone can help to make this a bit clear? thanks a lot for your help... 

Hi, so when you activated you would have got charged for the upcoming 30 day cycle. The rewards are put into your account and will be applied to you renewal prior to your CC being debited. So you will be debited the difference of you plan cost - rewards. Then tax will be applied to the difference.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Need Help? Let's chat.